Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
4.0 BRD
not working everywhere or just in eureka?
(03-07-2018, 10:16 PM)Chunky Wrote:  Done as well as top 99% on FFLOGS with this tier!

6.03  Personal settings including Ultimate Coil and o5s-o8s thresholds to automate buffs
         Needed a lot of conditions set for Kefka phase 1 due to graven image jumps (Stuff ACR can't do yet)
         Needed a separate profile for god kefka cuz normal Kefka and God Kefka share the same Content ID :(
         NIN profile simply saves Sidewinder for Trick Attack
         All profiles pop Battle Voice with Battle Litany (IE need dragoon in pt!)  (tldr: pop manually whenever)
Hi,

Is there any way to increase Debuff time for Ironjaw? it often misses ironjaws and it had to do redot again. and also it doesnt Ironjaw on multiple target.
I rarely ever see it drop dots, but does happen. I think it's not so much timing on iron jaws but on the Refulgent above there. I updated timings on line 6 a bit that should not effect dps at all but should improve keeping dots up at all times.

Updated OP for multidotting instruction too.

Thanks, updating OP!
is this for acr or skill manager profile?
Looks like a good profile. I've been using the ACR (Pierce) comparing it to this during savage runs (O5-7S), but the former seems to offer more variety like refresh/jaws/tactician etc. and bigger DPS. Is this profile reliant on Ninjas to buff me? I'm after bigger DPS numbers hence why trying this profile out, unless there's a way to tweak the ACR to be more suitable for raids
The ninja profiles simply wait for trick attack to use Sidewinder since those CDs line up. I'd recommend learning the job and the fights and watch what the skillmanger or ACR does. It's not always optimal and really can't be. Like if you're ninja dies and you're using the brd-nin profile, you need to manually use Sidewinder or decide to wait on it, etc...

It's just the customization you can do with skillmanager; there is tons more of it. You can do things to change entire rotation based on phase or HP of a boss, etc. The openers are infinitely tweakable because there is a different best opener option for every instance. The great thing besides all the customization is that if you decide a better skill needs to be used at a given moment, it's easier to manually inject said skill as an override by pressing the button.

In a perfect world where ACR could be tweaked the same amount of ways that skillmanager could, players could do the same thing I've done here and ACR would be way better. ACR just handles GCD and oGCD better. But then if skillmanager ever got some of the tweaks I've suggested it would really kick ass. I just don't think it will because it represents a conflict of interest now that there are paid profiles.

tldr; The players that are experts at their jobs need to be the ones that tweak profiles in order for them to be their best. On that front I've made a lot more tweaks specific to Ultimate Coil that automate a lot of the rotation changes needed in there. We got bored and decided to re-clear that with a few different players and jobs. I actually got a 100% parse on fflogs Ultimate Coil when it was newer content. Best I've done with the profile, but then there aren't too many players in the world that have cleared Ultimate Coil.
Separated all of the early IJ refresh entries for boss mechanics and jumps into their own lines. Added 9 lines of conditions but was able to set individual thresholds based on the specific mechanic times of each boss move. Current for Ultimate Coil and Sigmascape. Still holds song phases based on when bosses will jump properly.

For example, this removed 3 unnecessary IJs from o8s Kefka. Enjoy!
Can this be used a leveling profile for Grind mode or is this really only for bosses and I should grab Pierce or similar?
This won't work for leveling, it's a pretty huge profile just to encompass the current raid tier and endgame rotations. The default BARD profile will work OK for leveling/Grind if you don't want to buy an ACR though. I think they talked about offering free trials at some point for ACRs but I don't think that has been done yet.

I still switch to the default BARD profile for when I'm doing level capped stuff as well.
Thanks for the info :)