Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should I grind?
I am a level 24 Lancer, I want to get to 50 ASAP and maybe earn some gil along the way. How would I go along this? i am still new.
iirc, you'll want to go to quarrymill and get it running for fates. there's also mobs ranging from low 20's to 30 in the area you can grind on between fates too.
@Sil Ah ok, thanks. I've been there but whnever the bot dies, it spawns back in Quarrymill. Since the mesh that was given with the bot is located West of it, the bot stops moving when it dies :\ Any idea how to fix that?
Load up the quarry mill mesh, then in the editor create a new mesh (with a new name would be best) while the old one's loaded. It should record the new triangles while the old ones are still there and you can link up quarry mill and the the existing mesh for the area - basically appending new mesh to the existing one. Don't forget to save it once it is all linked, and then load the new mesh before you start botting.

I have only done this with custom meshes I've made for mining so far and it has worked, so it should also work for the supplied meshes too.
Sorry, how would I go about doing this? This is the current map: http://i.imgur.com/4987v7m.jpg
The red box is where the mesh appears to me. How would I link the quarrymill on the right hand side to this?
Go to Quarry Mill.
In mesh manager:
Under GeneralSettings load the existing navmesh.
Under Editor check 'Show Triangles' (so you can see where it's adding and you know it'll meet up).
Fill in 'New Meshfile Name' with something, like "20-30 quarrymill fates".
Check 'Record Mesh' and run all the way to wherever the existing navmesh is and make sure your newly recorded stuff meets up with the old stuff.
Stop recording.
Hit the 'Save NavMesh' button.
Back under GeneralSettings, load your new navmesh and you should be set to go.
(10-05-2013, 11:25 PM)Sil Wrote:  Go to Quarry Mill.
In mesh manager:
Under GeneralSettings load the existing navmesh.
Under Editor check 'Show Triangles' (so you can see where it's adding and you know it'll meet up).
Fill in 'New Meshfile Name' with something, like "20-30 quarrymill fates".
Check 'Record Mesh' and run all the way to wherever the existing navmesh is and make sure your newly recorded stuff meets up with the old stuff.
Stop recording.
Hit the 'Save NavMesh' button.
Back under GeneralSettings, load your new navmesh and you should be set to go.
This works great unfortunately adding new mesh lags the helllll out of my computer and crashes me, and my computer isnt bad. i5 2500k OC to 4.9 ghz, 16 gb 1333MHZ ripsaw ram, 128gb SSD, 1tb 7200 rpm HDD, SLI GTX 480s, z68 mobo.

This bot is alot more stable on my desktop than it is on my laptop, my laptop crashes regardless of adding meshes or not and its an i7 3740 3.4ghz, 8gb ram, 7970m, 128gb ssd, 750gb 7200 rpm hdd

not sure whats going on.
The mesh uses a lot of memory when it gets bigger (seems to increase exponentially, but I've no way of measuring that). I had problems with recording new mesh in one zone as the existing mesh covered most of the zone (just not where I wanted). It would take a step forward, freeze while it dropped new triangles (for about 1 sec) then unfreeze, then take a step forward, freeze, etc. I've got 16gb of 1866mhz g.skill ram, a 4gb gtx770, and an i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz (too lazy to clock it higher, despite having the cooling for it), SSDs too (a given these days).

Once the mesh was recorded though, I had no issues. If you have problems just running a mesh (as opposed to recording), I suggest making a post about it and opening dialogue with the devs about it. Also, try lowering your gfx settings to minimum in-game. Should make a world of difference.
i only have issues recording it and alot of the times itll crash before i get very far once it gets bigger

someone should jus make entire map meshes for download lol
Damn, the bot's crashing every 5 minutes or so :\ These are my settings: http://i.imgur.com/G4FC9Oc.jpg

@Sil: i ahve tried to follow your guide, but after I tick Record mesh, and move I don't see the yellow mesh appear under me?