Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
[Request] Simple Pause Function
(11-11-2013, 06:05 AM)OogieBoogie Wrote:  
(11-11-2013, 06:02 AM)f3re Wrote:  
(11-11-2013, 06:00 AM)OogieBoogie Wrote:  Wow I didn't think I would get so many responses, nor did I think it would be complicated lol. I actually didn't follow most of the explanations but I'd like to thank both of you for taking a look into it for me. I appreciate it.

You should probably check out ymko's attachment, it might very well work great for what you're looking for. I may see about doing something on the c++ side in the future.

Yea I downloaded it to give it a try. Only really needed it for assist mode inside dungeons but I'm sure it will work great (as long as I don't break anything) Cutesmile
That's what i thought it's for and this should be a fairly good solution for the cause :P (i'm not sure assist mode does anything apart from skill manager rotation, i might be wrong tho :P)
(11-10-2013, 11:37 PM)ymko Wrote:  
(11-10-2013, 05:02 PM)f3re Wrote:  Doing this from lua is trickier than it sounds...you would need to hook every gameloop_update callback and disable it while the shift key is pressed. A solution from the C++ side might be more appropriate. I'll discuss it with the team and see what they think.
Why that deep? :P There is an easy way, turn off the bot while shift is pressed and turn on when released Snicker

p.s i'll give it a go now :) If i got it right that's what you are looking for?

Has no GUI.
When you press Shift it will pause, when you release it will start.
Similarly if bot is turned off it will turn on when you press shift and turn off when you release shift.

BEWARE IT CATCHES KEYSTROKES EVEN WHEN YOUR MAIN FOCUS IS NOT FFXIV. Doubt this can be fixed Devil

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, A POST BELOW EXPLAINS WHY IT MIGHT CAUSE BUGS :)

cool!! good work!
but..
can only use Assist mode?? or only work active ffxiv window?
TY!
(11-12-2013, 09:59 AM)aakk47 Wrote:  
(11-10-2013, 11:37 PM)ymko Wrote:  
(11-10-2013, 05:02 PM)f3re Wrote:  Doing this from lua is trickier than it sounds...you would need to hook every gameloop_update callback and disable it while the shift key is pressed. A solution from the C++ side might be more appropriate. I'll discuss it with the team and see what they think.
Why that deep? :P There is an easy way, turn off the bot while shift is pressed and turn on when released Snicker

p.s i'll give it a go now :) If i got it right that's what you are looking for?

Has no GUI.
When you press Shift it will pause, when you release it will start.
Similarly if bot is turned off it will turn on when you press shift and turn off when you release shift.

BEWARE IT CATCHES KEYSTROKES EVEN WHEN YOUR MAIN FOCUS IS NOT FFXIV. Doubt this can be fixed Devil

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, A POST BELOW EXPLAINS WHY IT MIGHT CAUSE BUGS :)

cool!! good work!
but..
can only use Assist mode?? or only work active ffxiv window?
TY!
Pressing Shift in and out of the game will change the bots state either on to off or off to on, releasing shift will change it back to the original state.
So I finally gave this a try on my BLM. I can't seem to click any spells while holding shift. Is this a problem with SE or the bot? Because if it's SE, I can change the button.
(11-16-2013, 07:01 PM)OogieBoogie Wrote:  So I finally gave this a try on my BLM. I can't seem to click any spells while holding shift. Is this a problem with SE or the bot? Because if it's SE, I can change the button.
That might be one of those weird bugs explained before... although that's pretty strange...