Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.7 Average
Is there a way to bot-assist gather?
Hi, some areas where I gather there are both vegetation patches and trees but I only want to hit the veg. Is there a way to get the bot to either ignore the trees ooooooor have it automatically do the harvesting for me if I just run to the node myself. Like if I manually run to a node and right click it, can the bot handle the buffs and gathering, then I run to the next node?
srsly ?
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(11-20-2013, 08:49 PM)HansW Wrote:  srsly ?

What's wrong with that? Makes gathering while watching TV or over splashtop way easier. The crafting tool does it...
Just make a mesh that doesn't include trees?
You can make the mesh smaller by holding CTRL so you don't cover such a huge area.
OR you can gather shards from the trees and the item you want from the shrubbery by putting in two different gathering items.
it's a bot, why do you care if it gathers all nodes ? it is full auto, you can do whatever you want while it does that. The ammount of time you are willing to invest into selective gathering makes me wonder why you want to use the bot at all. If you need to move around manualy, how would you do other stuff while doing that ? I bet the bot will gather more items in full auto harvesting all node than it would get when you move it around manualy to selected nodes. Especialy if you do other stuff while doing so and only move it when its done gathering.
Long story short, if we ever add that, it's gonna be very far down the todo list.
(11-20-2013, 09:33 PM)OogieBoogie Wrote:  Just make a mesh that doesn't include trees?
You can make the mesh smaller by holding CTRL so you don't cover such a huge area.
OR you can gather shards from the trees and the item you want from the shrubbery by putting in two different gathering items.

The area in question has both trees and veg overlapping unfortunately.

(11-21-2013, 09:10 AM)HansW Wrote:  it's a bot, why do you care if it gathers all nodes ? it is full auto, you can do whatever you want while it does that. The ammount of time you are willing to invest into selective gathering makes me wonder why you want to use the bot at all. If you need to move around manualy, how would you do other stuff while doing that ? I bet the bot will gather more items in full auto harvesting all node than it would get when you move it around manualy to selected nodes. Especialy if you do other stuff while doing so and only move it when its done gathering.
Long story short, if we ever add that, it's gonna be very far down the todo list.

I care if it gathers all node because I don't need the items from the other nodes. I'm trying to gather specific materials to level crafting. If I gather shards from the other nodes it wastes Leaf Turn on shard nodes then I get to the nodes I actually want HQ mats from and it is out of GP. I didn't think it was such a huge question. Especially since it's something that the CraftingTool already does. If the skillmanager is enabled and you hit synth manually it will have at it on it's own and complete the craft. I was curious if there was a way to make the gathering act the same. How would I do other stuff? All you have to do to move is hold both mouse buttons. I'll have TV shows on my other monitor while I run the bot, I don't ever leave it unattended. It's less of a distraction to just run to the node I actually want to hit and let the bot handle the buffs and gathering. Also streaming the game(local network) over something like splashtop is a little more cumbersome so the more the bot could handle the better. Not everyone uses the bot the same way. I don't use it for profit, just to supplement when I get tired of hand farming/crafting. I'm not a gil seller or anything. It wasn't a feature request or an angry post that it couldn't do something, simply a question of "can it do this?"
Delete the mesh around the nodes you don't want?
Sorry.. while reading this. i really ROLF and LMAO :P

C'mon make a mesh that skip the node you don't want. or just don't use a bot at al.
imo you take a bot to let is do all the shitty work for you (in my case never play the fucking game, only watch form time to time hehe, like to watch --lazy--)

Just my 2 cents
the skillmanager should have an option that allows you to only use certain skills if an item is available on the node. So you should be able to limit the use of your skills to the nodes you want to HQ, not wasting an GP on others.