Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
A Log Up
The fate, A Log Up in Coerthas, causes the bot to run into a wall. The bot will target a mob and the mob will go behind a wall, but instead of finding a path to the mob, it will run in a straight line to the mob. This results in the bot running and jumping into a wall until the mob is dead.
is there mesh behind the wall or does the mob move off the mesh ?
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The red line is the wall and the yellow lines show where the navmesh has seemed to have meshed through the wall itself. This is Latty's Coerthas mesh that I'm using. I'm assuming it's not his fault meshing, but a bug in the meshing itself.

http://postimg.org/image/5uag6onhp/

I couldn't add as an attachment, the file was too large.

It also meshed through the gate but the gate is impassable as well.
Thanks for the screenshot, this is a error in the mesh and needs to be fixed by deleting the input triangles. I'll post the pic in the 100% mesh thread so latty can fix it.
Have you updated from the svn recently? I fixed the gates 3 days ago.
No I haven't updated. I will do so.
Downloaded new navmesh. I made sure the mesh didn't go through the walls and I still have a problem with trying to go through the wall. Fixed mesh, same problem.

http://postimg.org/image/z4zntdi5j/
if the black scribble on the pic is your char, i can't see it walking through a wall. If the actual door is not passable, the mesh is still wrong.
I had to stop the bot when I found it running into the wall and moved to a better position to get a screencap of the mesh. It works better with the new mesh, but not 100% of the time. Still tends to bug run into a wall, jumping like a madman. This may have been a 1 time thing, haven't been able to test it recently.