Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Gathering - Dying from Mobs
I searched the forums to make sure I didn't double post. Didn't have much luck the search isn't very friendly nor efficient in my opinion.

Facts about how I am using the bot...
Currently using Botany 25 - the default marker that comes out the box with the bot.
Currently using Stealth enabled - the bot does stealth.

Problem Experienced...
Getting attacked by mobs - it goes from node to node instead of trying to loose aggro and perhaps escaping to
a flee point.
You can re-produce this easily, you just need to stay in this area long enough before you die.
This area has a Fate which makes it difficult without a flee option.

Possible Solutions - (Edited 12/18/13 11:44 AM (EST) based on replies)
1. Make Stealth option more efficient perhaps the frequency at which you check for mob range.
2. Check to see if I am being attacked and have the ability to use a flee marker as a safe point.
3. If health keeps dropping past a certain % within a 30 minute window make Stealth more aggressive, somehow capture the distance between botany nodes and if it's close enough and if there is a history of attacks within a 30 minute window then make stealth more aggressive. Learn where attacks occur and store coordinates and do a radius around that area to enable stealth to be proactive.
4. Allow player to have more control over stealth mode - allow us to choose if we want it enabled always and or possibly adjust the distance we want to start/break stealth from targets. An even better suggestion - let players dictate which mobs are hostile vs not hostile and only stealth around mobs based on this list. Similar to the Black List manager....

Regarding the whole stealth thing - I just figured out that if you disable allow Stealth and just manually click on the Stealth skill you can remain in stealth.

My 2 cents...keep up the good work
This does not just affect Botany it affects all Gathering, if we can even adjust Stealth distance ourselves that would fix the issue