Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
titan EX
well,i have ifrit and garuda which are obviously a joke how easy they are, when I get titan and start working on coil ill post for everyone. or jackie will. I know someone will.
Titan takes atleast 3 people with 3 resurection or raise. that can do it in combat. Titan will still do his abilites none will hit you but he will Gaol 2 people at a time then those 2 people need to be raised.
(01-07-2014, 04:38 PM)jm86 Wrote:  
(01-07-2014, 04:08 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(01-07-2014, 01:21 PM)nyth Wrote:  anyone found a spot to kill titan ex solo?

you cannot kill titan solo you need at least 3 classes with raise or ressurection. He will GAOL two people then you need to raise those 2 people.

Wrong, you can kill it solo, always the same method, pulling it a certain location (max range), he will not do a single move.
Here's how you know if your pull is good, or not : If when you pull it & it turns toward you without walking against the edge like a retard, you're good. He he walks towards the edge and do landslide (his first move), then you can retry.

not sure how true this is. I've tried every which way at max range. He turns towards me and doesn't move, but he does use his abilities. At least the first cycle. After that he doesn't use abilities. I get him to half HP and then he becomes invulnerable. Then I tried going a tad bit closer and he did his 2 jumps back to back. Then entered heart phase. He then kept using his Raised Leg move and repeated it back to back and was untargetable. Tried it 5 more times to make him targetable but nothing seems to work so got any tips since you won't just tell?
can you break the gaols out or you just have to let them die?
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my input on doing Titan EX. The method that I usually do is as what jackie has said, which is to bring at least 2 healers into the fight. This is because Titan will gaol 1 healer and 1 DPS. There are 2 options here:
1) Let both gaols die, and have the alive healer resurrect them
2) Position the DPS and healers apart, so the gaols can be DPS'ed down (if you have more people and are able to DPS the gaols down)

This method is typically floating on the platform, above the head of Titan. Note that on Phase changes, he will fly up and jump down, causing everyone to drop on the platform (gravity move). All you need to do is to teleport back to the floating coordinates, and perform an action / buff so you'll register your position.

jm86 is also right though, in the sense that there is a method to prevent titan from gaol'ing you, but it is buggy and tricky to perform. Firstly, teleport yourself just outside the platform and above the level of titan's head, and ensure that no one is left on the platform before you pull the boss. Titan will be bugged, and will not perform any moves. HOWEVER, Titan becomes invulnerable at 50% no matter how much you DPS him. So you'll need to return to the platform, where he will perform his jump move TWICE. (hence sucking you down, making you fall onto the platform twice). Here, performing actions to register your floating location can be buggy, and Titan will often pummel you to death even though it shows that you're in the air. Have never successfully completed via this method, as it's hard to coordinate. Besides, any group that triggers this invulnerability can be easily flagged and picked up by SE, so I don't think it's such a great idea.
Do you guys all have 8 accounts to start the instances ?
(01-07-2014, 05:20 PM)jm86 Wrote:  
(01-07-2014, 05:17 PM)cookiemonster711 Wrote:  
(01-07-2014, 04:38 PM)jm86 Wrote:  Wrong, you can kill it solo, always the same method, pulling it a certain location (max range), he will not do a single move.
Here's how you know if your pull is good, or not : If when you pull it & it turns toward you without walking against the edge like a retard, you're good. He he walks towards the edge and do landslide (his first move), then you can retry.

then would it be possible for you to get the pos and post it so that people will have a teleport point?

It's my personal choice to give people the keys to do this. I won't babysit anyone who can't properly find it themselves after giving so many clues, that's my point and you can think whatever you want about it.

since 2.1 after the heart phase doing ur method HE STILL GAOL people thats the only skill he uses after heart phase. in which he will GAOL 2 people.

(01-08-2014, 12:08 PM)wycs Wrote:  Do you guys all have 8 accounts to start the instances ?

yes i do
jm, you said youd release one of the turns, mind releasing your turn 4 for us?
Not even one "thank you", only ungrateful ppl who need baby-sitting, that's why i don't wanna share, i remove it, hope you took good notes of it :p
Seriously? Titan EX Takes 3 people No matter what like Jackie said. But ONLY during heart phase will he goal people if you know how to hook titan out of range. There is no way to out of range hook him during heart so 2 people will always get goaled twice during this phase.

You can lock titan up from the start by doing the out of range method causing titan to Lock up and do nothing untill he Goes Invuln at about 50%hp (This would normally be the heart phase) What you have to do here, is TP to the platform right in front of him causing him to Unstuck and Jump TWICE. first jump is a normal jump. Second jump Comes with Heart.

During This Phase, It is Very important to Make sure, you res the two people that Die, after they get goaled and time killed. 2 people will get goaled twice during this phase. If you have a full party with you. might as well have them try to stay alive during this phase just to get goaled themselves and die. When Time runs out. Titan Will Jump and Heart Will Explode! ONLY AT THIS TIME... YOU CAN ACTUALLY STAY IN AIR MID PLATFORM AND LET HIM EXPLODE UNDERNEATH YOU(it will not knock you down).. ATACK HIM AS SOON AS YOU CAN FROM AIR. once you have him... Start moving out of range ASAP.. He will Spawn the two Goals And by this point you should have him OUT of Range locked. No more people getting GOALED.

We got titan EX on farm 15minute runs amytime. 3 people on Minion(SMN,SCH,WHM) Full FC party for fast locked dps.

GOOD LUCK! Have Fun With Titan!

The trick to locking titan up at start is getting him to walk to the farthest edge possible of his platform like he is about to fall off.!