Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
BLM Skill Help
I'm trying to create a black mage profile using the following rotation

Raging Strikes if available > Fire III > Fire until under 1000mp, > Flare > Convert > Fire > Blizzard III > Thunder > Fire III > Fire until under 1000mp > Blizzard III > Thunder

All while using Fire III with Firestarter and Thunder II with Thundercloud. Repeating the first phase every 3 minutes when convert is ready

Is this possible? I'm getting stuck with using Flare again before Convert is ready
My blm profile does all this just need to add flare to the profile and could use transpose after flare and put Flare as previous skill of transpose
Thanks Jackie, I was using your blm profile as a base to attempt the above. I'll try again and post the results :)
Thanks Jackie, I got it working, my i80 BLM hits about 320dps on training dummies over 5 minutes of testing. I can post it if anyone is interested
Yeah I'm interested in trying it out. Right now using Jackies profile I'm getting about 230 with i77.
if you can, please attach the profile to this post. ty
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
File is attached, also note that I removed Fire II to focus on single target dps. Feel free to add Fire II back in

Attached Files
.rar   Blm 2.0.rar (Size: 587 bytes / Downloads: 143)
coming down from mana is easy, coming up is the tricky part. i don't know if this is optimal but at the moment i have it so if flare procs a firestarter , there is just enough time to transpose, blizzard twice, at the end of the second blizzard cast, you will just have ticked up to full mana there is 1 second left on firestarter to instantly go into AFIII from full mana.

if flare doesn't proc firestarter then it will transpose, blizzard, fire3, split second before fire3 lands you will tick up to full mana and AFIII with full mana, repeat.

i will probably end up archiving this profile because it only nets me 220-240 dps in my i80 suit on single target where as my typical noflare/firespam build nets 260+. and you guys are claiming 300+.

if i change my flareprofile to a spam fireII instead of fire all the time, then it might be a good pure aoe build.
would love to hear feedback.
@Fizual: You shouldn't have Flare in a non-AoE profile.

F3->Fire spam with Firestarter procs if Astral Fire, Thunder + thunderbolt -> Ice 3/Thunderbolt until X mana, -> repeat.