Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FFXIV Duty Module Beta - Teleport Farming Only!
(01-25-2014, 06:59 AM)f3re Wrote:  As with all beta functionality, support will be minimal. We will not explain how the scripts work in detail but we will provide you with working examples to use for learning. Specifically, I will release the new code with a script to farm Wanderer's Palace bosses totally AFK - if you have 4 ranged accounts and you want to max your stones within a few hours every week, here's your chance. You can look at our example scripts to understand how to write your own.

Look for an update within the next 24 hours. I will update this post when we have pushed the new code.

Love you guys and your bot, but the bit about being unable to provide support? C'mon now. I'd be willing to bet you have more customers than anyone else at the moment, and charging what is Atleast 3x what everyone else is, if you can't provide support - hire someone to.

I don't say this condescendingly, or for my own benefit. I don't see myself posting very frequently if at all over this. However if you guys wish to be viewed as the high end upscale bot which I believe you are/do. The support has to be as good as the product and certainly has to warrant the price.

I get it's time consigning, I get it's frustrating, and I get you probably want to play just as much as the rest of us. This is why I'm in no way saying lose your life to play 24/7/365 help desk. However if you can't their should be someone in place who can. It's only what's best for your bot and your business.

Asking the people who pay for your product to provide it's support to is a bit meeeeeeh...

That said, it's what we do, and without being asked we will help each other to the best of our ability. Still, we can't provide the level of support the maker of the software can.

Anyhow, you get the idea... Perhaps I took it out of context. As usual, the bot is progressing nicely and it's evident you work your butt off on it. You can rest assured a good lot of us are here for the long run. At some point we will need support :p
we will support it, once it ain't beta anymore. if you want to use it while it still is, you're on your own. Thats because it ain't very user friendly atm to setup new profiles (involving text editors and other nasty intellectually demanding tools). So if you cant figure it out on your own, you'll have to wait until we release a version thats easier to handle.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(01-29-2014, 05:10 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  Perhaps I took it out of context.

Yes

It's a simple disclaimer that we put up with beta functionality that we haven't properly tuned for new users yet. We don't want somebody who just downloaded the bot and can't even figure out how to load a skillmanager profile trying to run complex beta functionality requiring manual text editing of format specific profiles on multiple accounts sending us tickets asking "y duty bot no work". That's the price you pay for getting access to beta functionality.

If you look through the various threads you will see that every single question regarding the new functionality has been answered promptly, and I've personally answered numerous PMs and helped people with profile requests. The request to help each other is a simple friendly prompt to help spread information about how the functionality works. Some people are more technically proficient than others and its a big help to us when those people disseminate the knowledge they pick up.

Honestly, we appreciate your business and you seem like a competent, experienced user, but between this and the thread where you went on at length about how far behind our competitors we are I sometimes get the feeling that you just enjoy finding things to complain about. I don't see how this post was relevant in any way to reporting usage experiences and bugs with the new functionality. Have you even used it?

[Image: 705.jpg]
f3re has done a pretty awesome job at his pms. I think I finally got what I was working on to work f3re. It isn't complete, but its working thanks to your help.
f3re is horrible horrible man!!!! all joking aside he is pretty awesome! Smart guy and friendly to boot. has helped me a ton!
Thanks guys - I'll send out the paypal payments we discussed as soon as I get a chance.
wonderful you can just pay me in litecoins
(01-25-2014, 09:25 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(01-25-2014, 08:28 PM)odano1988 Wrote:  Hey fire ty so much. My last question before I leave you alone for a few months is me wondering if there is a loot option? Or is that something that will be released later or something we would need to c ode in ourselves

There isn't a loot option currently. Right now the only profile encounter options are to either kill a mob or just aggro a mob, there are no interaction options. I can add that stuff, its all very barebones at the moment. I'll look at adding an interaction encounter tomorrow.

Any update on the interaction end?
I just tried to use it an AK as "Solo Queue - Assist Leader" with the profile "ak_blank"

I was playing as a SMN
It was able to follow the person but as soon as it got close to the person, all the PCs and NPCs would disappear and the bot would stand still until the follow target moved.

Teleport was off, did I miss a setting somewhere?
Any updates on when the bot can detect if the game has finshed loading yet? The timers in duty mode aren't very accurate.