Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
FFXIV 2.2 Update
So the launcher is still not able to relaunch a valid crashed game. I still get the msg "Warning: Access is Denied" when the game crashes, followed by the launcher closing itself (or crashing out, not sure). The launcher ONLY relaunches the game when it improperly closes the game due to it thinking the game crashed when it did not.

It's completely random and does it even with the default timing set at 180. I cannot catch it the millisecond it relaunches to let you know what it says on the window. You need to add a method so the launcher logs the status msgs to a file.

Everyone I talk to this happens, so it's not like I'm the only one, just I'm the only one reporting it. What we all do now is only use the launcher to launch the games and login for us once, then close it after in game because you are guaranteed it will close your game while you are in the middle of something important.
Omega, it has its flaws but the problems you are having definately is wide spread. I'm sure 5-10 maybe more might have it but it's def something on your end if it works for so many people just fine. I've run 24/7 now for pretty much 2 weeks with 3 bots(1 was 3 day banned) and havent had any issues, even crashed and brought back up just fine. Maybe delete your config files, and start a new set in the gui launcher see if that fixes the issue, maybe do a fresh install? Make sure that you have all of your minion folders correctly lined up or you will run into issues.
Already have done all of that. It may work on your environment just fine. It could be your combination of OS and hardware along with other installed applications/drivers, who knows. For me and my environment, it's been doing it ever since the update that added the ability to add in accounts and have it log in. But since none of us really used it before then, I can't say that specific update caused anything as the issue may have been underlying all along. Need I remind you it's a launcher, it really shouldn't have flaws at the basics of its functionality. If it doesn't create a log, I really can't help with pinpoint the problem on where it is getting stuck, like I was asked to do. Every app I develop I include a simple logging function to output states or a debug mode to allow end users to quickly troubleshoot issues because I litter the source with logging messages so I don't need to go back and forth asking users questions. W/o a log, it's anyone's guess at what section of code caused the problem.

It's an access denied msg, but since it's coming from the launcher, I can't tell if that's an erroneous issue not being handled correctly and that's just what the launcher is dumping because that's all it has. It may well be because I'm running win 8.1, an environment not fully tested. All I can say is that the launcher is running as admin, so it has full permission to do what it has to and no reason for that specific error msg. The game is not even installed in a protected folder that you need admin privs, like Program Files. Simply in J:\pcgames\FFXIV.

Also if it was a settings issue, why would the app crash and close out when the game crashes? No setting can cause that.

Because it happens when the game crashes makes me believe it's not handling the event properly, or not detecting it properly so it knows what to do next. It can be a hundred different things, but that's why we need a log.
there is a log isnt there? i see a log tab doesnt it write to a file?
There is a tab, but nothing ever gets created.