Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Random Memory Crashing
I'd say proxy can cause this, yeah. Since the new minion update PingZapper doesn't work anymore too :( (I hope we can fix this in near future).
Make sure to disable SweetFX too.

What you can try is type in all your Login Data and push Start and see what happens in the next 5min. This works for me the best.
Thanks Leon!

Hmm interesting, ok when i first tried it i didn't go the route of attaching once i had logged on, I tried to set up a connection and have it fire up FFXIV and log on for me. It logs into the game but then it just sits on the title screen. Is that right? I assumed it would actually log my character in... If i do it that way it just sits there, but if I try to actually log in on my character then i get the same memory error message and it crashes. It's driving me mad, I can't turn off the proxy because I don't have the router details to get to it! :/
I assume you filled out every field corretly (Server & Datacenter).
We gotta wait for Jackie's answer here I guess.
I did a fresh install of windows 7 and updated all drivers/windows patches/etc. With only FFXIV and Minion installed, I still get a memory error from the Minion launcher after about 15 minutes.
This happens every time.

With Task Manager open, I watch the launcher go from using about 30k memory to using over 800k in memory and then it will crash a little bit after that.
As long as I close the launcher after attaching the bot, I never get a memory error, but FF does crash sometimes during a teleport. Which also doesn't happen if I turn off mesh loading and then load it a few seconds after the teleport has completed.
What video card do you have? I had a 550 Ti that I replaced with a 7950 and now I have zero issues with this memory crash.
I have a Radeon 6990

I only installed win updates
DX, VC, .NET
Vid Drivers
Motherboard, Keyboard,Mouse, etc.
Only things that are required to run the computer, game, and minion.

Also, yes, if I close the launcher, everything is fine. Except when teleporting. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes not. Disabling auto mesh loading fixes it.
(10-28-2014, 07:22 AM)ISilenceI Wrote:  I have a Radeon 6990

I only installed win updates
DX, VC, .NET
Vid Drivers
Motherboard, Keyboard,Mouse, etc.
Only things that are required to run the computer, game, and minion.

Also, yes, if I close the launcher, everything is fine. Except when teleporting. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes not. Disabling auto mesh loading fixes it.

it seems to me like an enviromental issue on your computer have you tried a mem cleaner. to stop the mem from creaping up so high like that.

i use this and never have any crashes.
[Image: Yx5lFs5.png]
Sorry to drudge this thread up again but I am having the same issue since the 2.5 patch updates. Bot attaches fine and runs fine untiol I try to transfer zones via teleport or just walking thru gate. THIS HAS ONLY STARTED HAPPENING SINCE 2.5 MINON UPDATES, no system changes or programs installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated as its super awkward having to relog every time i go anywhere....

Microsoft Essentials AV
fresh minion installed in c:/minion, run as administrator

[Image: 14dfql2.jpg]

[Image: wrm3hv.jpg]

[Image: 2e1diiv.jpg]
I run 6 bots on one machine. Sometimes when I back out of a dungeon one of the bots will get a memory error. Not all but just 1 or 2. Which is pretty interesting. I will double check this weekend making sure all background processes are minimal. I will also pull down that memory cleaner.
Appleporgy, Just an idea, but I only just experienced this memory problem. It happened after I enabled Leviathan Helper and zoned. I see that you have it in your running processes. That could be the problem.