Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill Manager - nested skill layout
Posted in the wrong section before, so putting it in correct section this time.

Hi, currently Skill manager profiles are 'flat', as in you add in skills and bot runs through them from top to bottom until it finds first ability eligible for execution. It works fine, but I was thinking if it would be possible to add a nesting functionality utilizing IF/ELSEIF/ELSE conditions.
You would add a skill card (I'll call it Trigger) from Skill Editor that would listen to some condition(s). That card would then contain several actual Skills (Flare, Fire, Mighty Strikes) that would get evaluated for execution by bot, but only if Trigger conditions were met.

Basically, I'm asking for IF/ELSEIF/ELSE structure in WYSIWYG. It would look like this:

++[Trigger IF Player = Solo]
+[Trigger IF PlayerHP>90%]
| Mighty Strikes
| Flare IF AoE Enemy_count >=3; Player_MP=< 300
| Fire II IF AoE Enemy_count >=3; Player_MP>300
| Fire
+[Trigger IF PlayerHP<20%]
| Manawall
|Physick
| Fire
++[Trigger IF Player = Party]
+[Trigger IF PlayerHP>90%]
| Mighty Strikes
| Flare IF AoE Enemy_count >=3; Player_MP=< 300
| Fire II IF AoE Enemy_count >=3; Player_MP>300
| Fire
+[Trigger IF PlayerHP<20%]
| Manawall
|Physick
| Fire

Inevitably someone will ask - what do you need it for, you can make different profiles for different situations and current system works good enough.

My answer would be - you take time to go through list of profiles to pick the one you want. With ability to nest conditions you can make more intricate profiles, that can be adapted to few different situations within one file.
Profiles would be bigger and a bit more complicated this way, yes. Who can't handle operating nested structure can still use flat layout as until now. Who wants to refine, can build himself a tree of conditions.
seems like alot of work for little benifit. the bot already auto switches profiles based on class. No need to have 1 profile with multiple classes you can just set really indepth profiles already for each class and set them as default and let the bot handle switching them as you switch classes.
I don't see him asking for multiple classes in one profile? To me it just looks like a different way to set up triggers, useful or not...
well i dont think flare and might strikes are from the same class.
This is actually something I want to do eventually, I refer to what you're talking about as "Action Sets", but the supporting file system the skill manager currently uses has to be rewritten to support it. I'm not going to say it will be the super-near future, but I'm not going to say it won't be either.
(09-02-2014, 05:38 AM)Ace Wrote:  This is actually something I want to do eventually, I refer to what you're talking about as "Action Sets", but the supporting file system the skill manager currently uses has to be rewritten to support it. I'm not going to say it will be the super-near future, but I'm not going to say it won't be either.

ThumbsUp
(09-02-2014, 12:02 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  well i dont think flare and might strikes are from the same class.
I meant Raging Strikes, the names of abilities are just a filler to demonstrate the structure of how it would look like.

This is actually something I want to do eventually, I refer to what you're talking about as "Action Sets", but the supporting file system the skill manager currently uses has to be rewritten to support it. I'm not going to say it will be the super-near future, but I'm not going to say it won't be either.

Thanks. I thought it didn't need full recoding, but then I'm no real programmer. Just one 'blank ability' card able to 'own' several abilities and those abilities being evaluated for execution only if the parent blank ability condition was fulfilled.