Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Faster rushing through class quests?
Hey fellow botters,
with my last bot group I did jackies duty leveling profiles until i've got the main class to 50 and then had to grind the 15 lvl for the second class (which took me 4-6 hours... this has to be somehow faster... whatever).

After they were ready lvlwise I've got them by hand through their lvl quest which means I walked and ported to the cities etc.

Now to my point:
I know it is dangerous to use the DEV-TP in open world but are some of you using it to port to the quests etc and havent got banned? This would make it a lot faster to rush through the class quests and begin farming.
It really depends on how unlucky you are and your server players. It also depends on how willing you are if you were to lose those account. On my server, if you are seen TP, you WILL be reported. It is not just the person who sees you, a lot will call the zone and have people also gift you a support ticket.

It's just time vs risk.
Grinding the 2nd class to 15 doesnt take that long if you have grind markers set up and do fates checked. grinding mobs between fates based on character level speeds it up a lot. i also have TP to fate if its at a specific % as well this way you dont miss out on fates.
@random
Well it's kinda risky but then the old way. A bit slow but better 2 or 3 more hours than loosing that account.

@jackie
Yeah I have outside of Ul'dah at Blackbrush Station 3 markers with 1-5, 5-10, 10-15 but even with fates and grinding inbetween it takes me around 4 hours as ARC or THM.
yeah which isnt bad at all. You could set a lvl 50 character out side the group on party grind and select one of the lower levels as leader. then it will wait till they pull a mob then it will attack it and 1 shot it. the lower levels then get credit for the kill xp and your xp/hour goes way up.
If you search through the forum, you will see MOST of the ban comes from open world tp.
That sounds good. I will try it with my new group once my new hardware arrives. Still have to think about my class setup. Again 2 BRD 2 BLM or now 1 BRD 3 BLM because even with the WP D&C profile my BLMs get often their spells interrupted because of already dead enemies.
(09-03-2014, 01:19 PM)HanzelGretyl Wrote:  That sounds good. I will try it with my new group once my new hardware arrives. Still have to think about my class setup. Again 2 BRD 2 BLM or now 1 BRD 3 BLM because even with the WP D&C profile my BLMs get often their spells interrupted because of already dead enemies.

that shouldnt really happen.... if they are geared the same. they auto target the mob with the highest HP then just spam AOE.. unless you are using alot of single target spells which my profiles are basically all aoe, all the mobs should be dieing at the same time.
Both BRDs have you BRD-WP Profile and the BLMs have the new BLM AOE from 4 days ago. Their gear is all the same at around ilvl 88 except the weapon which are but both ilvl 70.
e.g. one has Astrolabe and the other one Giantsgall Langstaff because there werent two Astrolabes on market board.