Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Overlay messed up
One thing pops out.

AV is off. What AV do you have ?
Windows Defender, here are my settings:
Real-time protection (off)
Excluded files and locations: C\ffxivminion, C:\Program Files(x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
Excluded processes: C:\ffxivminion\FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher.exe, C:\Program Files(x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe

All other settings are default.
Hmm, I can't think of anything else. You probably will have better luck to have someone do a teamviewer session with you and actually look at the computer.
(09-22-2014, 04:23 PM)fxfire Wrote:  This happens when the launched bot does NOT have (admin)-rights to write / read what he has to do, it then doesnt know where the bot is actually started from / where it can find the GUI files.

Usually this is solved by moving minion to c:\ffxivminion\ , please tripple check that your launcher is actually in that exact folder and not some other subfolder in c:\ffxivminion\

This is most likely the issue. I run in luser context, so I have to elevate whenever I run minion. Let me fiddle and see if I can get it working.

EDIT:
Got it working! As fxfire mentioned, admin rights are required. However, and please correct me if I'm wrong, once minion attaches to the ffxiv process, it is technically the ffxiv process that is making calls to the ffxivminion directrory. For this reason, ffxiv.exe must be started as admin. In order to successfully inject into that process, minion needs to be running as admin too. Thus, both programs have to be running as admin. I believe this is also because I am running as limited user, if you are running as admin all of this should be invisible to you.

Thanks for all of your help guys, I'll update my top post to show this solution and then you can close this thread as resolved.