Thread Rating:
  • 45 Vote(s) - 3.02 Average
[Module] Controller [1.07]
This is a small module I built to utilize the multibot server that is not used in FFXIV currently. The initial release only does 3 things, but it is expandable, customizable, and allows users to add their own files in as well.

The controller addon will allow users with the click of one button to accomplish things such as:
- Stop/Starting all bots.
- Reloading modules on all bots.
- Reconfiguring bot teams for duty without having to access your team mate's computer.
- Returning all bots to a certain location
- The list goes on.. any and all things that require inter-bot communication can be accomplished (generally speaking).

Installation

Module should be installed into the <Your Minion Directory>\LuaMods\Controller.

Top Level View:
[Image: 2386e54dd9.png]

Inner View:
[Image: 881365255e.png]

Custom Handlers (1 provided, all customs placed here):
[Image: e005bb5c21.png]

Server Setup - Local

To start, you will need the MultibotComServer application, which must be started, and settings.ini file configured however you'd like it to be (mostly you need to know/set the password in the [server] section).

Multibot Manager Setup

The multibot manager UI can most easily be found by going to the LuaMods in the top bar. You will need to enter the IP address, port, password and channel.

Bots will only receive commands from bots in their channel, so make sure you join the correct channel. The channel name should also be unique enough to avoid overlap with other teams if using a hosted/shared server.

Other Temporarily Necessary Files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shcd6f3t0exymz...t.lua?dl=0

Attached Files
.zip   MultiBotComServer.zip (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 325)
.zip   Controller.zip (Size: 3.76 KB / Downloads: 333)
This seems awesome, anyways it can work if you are multiboxing yourself? Like if I have 8 windows up and I want all my bots to go to a certain duty without having to individually select duty mode for each one?
Yes, that is one of the main things it will do.
I haven't looked into this very much yet but I'm wondering if the Multibot Server can be hosted on a cloud server. Would it require a seperate minion license? Would a copy of the game also be needed?

I thinking about LS farm runs were other people could all point their bots to a centralized server and 1 person could pony farm all month long ;)

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong but this could absolutely run on cloud/standalone server. VERY NICE! Thank you Ace!!!
I am currently working on something like that. It's relly in early stage for the moment.
I love this very very much. This is my new favorite thread on the forums now. this needs to be expanded big time, this could draw a lot of single players to the bot as well. Easy to group up with friends to do duty and if everyone is afk someone can still switch profiles, or stop/start all the bots if there is an issue. so excited for this.
exciting!!!!!! :D
Yes, the multibot server can run on any server, but it requires that you NAT the port 7777 properly and preferably have a static IP address.
One of the main goals is to ease the creation/maintenance of minion groups made up of multiple users on different computers.
List of Ideas.

1. Disable rendering on/off for all
2. Leave duty all ( great for when doing duties in assist mode)
3. Invite all(invite members of group)
4. switch modes/profiles( good for switching quest profiles/duty profiles.
5. Teleport to Atheryete( have all members of the group Teleport to same town.
6. Have them all teleport to same xyz( ie vendor) to sell off.
Hey,

I am on Levithian if anyone wants to test this out willing to be a client.