Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.69 Average
Sense [Raid Warnings/Triggers]
Opening up this thread for discussion for my new raid warnings addon.

This addon is currently undergoing a small beta-testing period to iron out features/bugs.

Sense is intended to be more of a framework than a complete library of profiles provided by me.
My goal is to help and provide easy methods to create/copy existing profiles from other third-party methods.
This is largely just due to time constraints and the fact that these instances change over time.

Due to the way our system works, some pieces must downloaded from here and installed into the addon's "bin" directory.
imagecreator
soundengine

Sense accepts 2 forms of profiles in 2 different profiles, universal triggers, and per-instance profiles/timelines.

Triggers (Universal) Example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8oz5rken571ldv...s.lua?dl=0

Profiles (Library):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1fkaviufgaivv...Oseoa?dl=0
Good luck! Now... if only I could find the time to raid! :)
this sounds pretty awesome. i look forward to see how it turns out
Is this an open beta? Can we test it?
I see it on the store, but there isn't a install button.
Closed beta, I don't really have any means of making it an open beta.
The beta process won't be very long, I'm just trying to get some general feedback and examples out there, while bug hunting at the same time.
I like what you're doing here. If you need a list of triggers, i have literally hundreds in my ACT ... so many that i have 3 different ACT instances i run depending on role and not wanting to hear when the dark knight uses Living dead when i'm playing as a dragoon or something along those lines....

By profiles, are you saying once complete i'd be able to select something to the order of "A7S - Tank" and it will load only certain notifications pertinent to that role - i have a add on to ACT + Teamspeak i built that will basically call out all mechanics to the party preemptively including stuff like, who needs to handle which jails, etc...kinda a mix of the ACT timeline and triggers and a teamspeak bot all at once.

Just wondering how in depth you'll be going with this.
Yes, you have the right idea.

The 2 types of profiles include more specific version that is an ACT timeline + triggers/callouts more tailored to that instance, and another file which is for more general triggers/callouts.
Eagerly looking forward to this! Will it be out any time soon? A few months maybe?
A week or 2 at most, not long.
looking forward to this