Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.84 Average
October Update News
Got a few questions about the beta addons:

1* Do the devs upload it themselves or do they give it to hans or whoever and then he uploads it?

2* Do beta addons have to be purchased? or can the dev just give it away if he wishes?

3* are beta addons completely seperate addons? or can we have a beta channel of a specific addon? (Latty quests for example?)
(10-03-2016, 05:06 PM)fxfire Wrote:  1) Devs can "test build" their addons to make sure it compiles and works, afterwards they send it to HansW, he uploads it. Each uploaded version can be "toggled" between being a beta addon and a normal "live" addon at any time afterwards.

Ever thought of giving more power to the developer? I had hoped that beta addons can be uploaded directly by the addon dev.

For easier testing ofcourse.
I hope we can hide minion icons or gui for doing live stream XD
(10-03-2016, 08:09 PM)hansenchaze Wrote:  I hope we can hide minion icons or gui for doing live stream XD

This times 1000
Good news - i hope it will be released at the end of october. Since Update 3.4 i got many freezes and crashes :/
(10-04-2016, 06:54 AM)fxfire Wrote:  
(10-03-2016, 06:07 PM)battler624 Wrote:  Ever thought of giving more power to the developer? I had hoped that beta addons can be uploaded directly by the addon dev.

For easier testing ofcourse.

That is totally the plan. First step was to give the tools to make it happen... now the harder part...exposing something  that could be abused...which is why we still struggle to add this to the toolset for the devs. Both sides heavily benefit from such a function, it just makes no sense having to wait up to 48h each time something small got patched in an addon. We'll get there.

If you mean server abuse its thats the easy part, if you mean that some things need to be checked about a specific addon (for example if addons can modify your pc in a way that you can access a person files or delete them) then yea that'd be hard to deal with. Unless everything is sandboxed.
I have a 64bit GW2 and i ran everything exactly and when i want to manulay attach the game there is no game shown to attach with
what should i do?
(10-05-2016, 06:50 PM)ksaeed Wrote:  I have a 64bit GW2 and i ran everything exactly and when i want to manulay attach the game there is no game shown to attach with
what should i do?
Just start the game through minionapp.
Quote:FFXIVMinion 64:
  • The c++ part is 90% done, most things are up and running, just minor things are left.
  • The LUA code part still has to be (re)-written. This will take a few more weeks.
  • The 64bit test version is available for the lua developers.
 WOW x64 is rly coming O.o
i thought it will never happend cooool keep it up guys