Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotty (Teleport Manager)
Config 
Scotty (Teleport Manager)

[Image: Scotty_zps3mngqa8u.png]

"Beam me up." - Captain Kirk

What does it do?
This module is intended to make teleportation easy and convenient for users of all skill levels.

More information is available on the Wiki.

http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=scotty

FAQ

Q) Can this be used while custom tasks are running?
A) Yes, but you'll get suspended if you make discoveries (waypoints, poi's, vistas) too quickly.

FEATURE REQUESTS

Q) Can you allow turning off the destination indicator?
A) I'll add this option to a future release.

BUGS & BY-DESIGN ISSUES

Q) Why does the teleport destination indicator flicker?
A) I'm looking into whether or not that can be fixed. The radar doesn't flicker, but I don't know if it has drawing help on the C++ backend.

Q) Why isn't a Waypoint or Vista available to teleport to?
A) They are probably covered by the "fog of war" on your map.

Q) Why isn't my Personal Story teleport button available?
A) It works for most but not all story locations in the same zone.

Q) Why aren't all Hero Points showing up?
A) I haven't indexed all of the content ID's for Hero Points yet.  Stay tuned...

Q) Why does it say "Error" when I click Semi-automatic?
A) You must have a Custom Task / Map Completion running before clicking that button.

UPDATES

08/07/2018
  • Added repair and merchant NPCs
  • Added Silverwastes Badges and Golden Badges
  • Added uncontested discovered waypoint
  • Better detection of Hero and Mastery Insights
08/09/2018
  • Updated user interface
  • Added trading post and bank NPCs  (buttons will only work if NPCs are available on current map)
  • Silverwastes and Dry Top badges and coin teleport buttons will only appear if they're available to be teleported to.
  • Added full menu of available waypoints, with contested and undiscovered hints.
  • Removed Hero and Mastery "commune with" options temporarily.
08/11/2018
  • Added Personal Story teleport buttons
  • Added back Hero Points
  • Fixes to banker and trading post Convenience buttons
  • Fix to tooltip on undiscovered Waypoints
08/13/2018
  • Heart Quests
  • POI's
  • More personal story points
  • Semi-auto custom tasks.  (It basically clicks the button for you at 30 second intervals, only once per task, and requires a map completion task to be running.)
Communication

Feel free to ping me on Discord, MMOminion private message or by responding to this thread.
The views/opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the official policy/position of MMOMinion or its affiliates. As an honorary "developer", I create modules in my spare time. Add me to your ignore list if you're easily offended or cannot handle friendly ribbing.
(07-31-2018, 08:32 PM)Urguwno Wrote:  Scotty (Teleport Manager)

[Image: Scotty_zps3mngqa8u.png]

"Beam me up, Scotty" - Captain Kirk

What does it do?
This module is intended to make teleportation easy and convenient for users of all skill levels.

More information is available on the Wiki.

http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=scotty

FAQ

Q) Can this be used while custom tasks are running?
A) Yes, but you'll get suspended if you make discoveries (waypoints, poi's, vistas) too quickly.

FEATURE REQUESTS

Q) Can you allow turning off the destination indicator?
A) I'll add this option to a future release.

BUGS & BY-DESIGN ISSUES

Q) Why does the teleport destination indicator flicker?
A) I'm looking into whether or not that can be fixed. The radar doesn't flicker, but I don't know if it has drawing help on the C++ backend.

Q) Why doesn't it teleport to Mastery Insights?  I'm on the right map!
A) Mastery Points require you to be within ~5000 of them on the map because I'm currently using the GadgetList() to dynamically discover them.  I'm working on a better fix; I just need to catalog each of their exact positions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery...ral_Tyria)

UPDATES

<>

First of nice free Addon , but second the quote is wrong google it....
Quote is fixed, thanks!

Scotty won't be a free addon due to some extra coding love it required, but it'll be priced closely to something from Macklemore's Thrift Shop.
The views/opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the official policy/position of MMOMinion or its affiliates. As an honorary "developer", I create modules in my spare time. Add me to your ignore list if you're easily offended or cannot handle friendly ribbing.
Wow great !
And this is his second add on on store. Man you are really great! I will buy all!

By the way, teleporting to discoveries only can get me banned? And if so, how long will I be banned?

REQUEST: Can I have a feature to teleport to nearby already discovered ones? like vista?
(08-07-2018, 07:15 AM)darkshadow Wrote:  And this is his second add on on store. Man you are really great! I will buy all!

By the way, teleporting to discoveries only can get me banned? And if so, how long will I be banned?

REQUEST: Can I have a feature to teleport to nearby already discovered ones? like vista?

Regarding teleportation safety in general:
  • I teleport to new discoveries on my main account not less than 20 seconds apart and I've had no problems.  (but I could be lucky)
  • I recommend watching the timer since your last button-click teleport and waiting until it says >60s if you want to be safer.
  • I teleport to my mouse cursor location frequently in all game modes, but I recommend not being too obvious if there are nearby observers.
  • Suspensions are typically 3 months. (Even my blatantly obvious teleport gatherer only got a 3 month suspension, but that's after 3 days of 24x7 teleporting to gatherable nodes and selling them immediately on the trade post.)
  • It's highly unlikely, but if someone questions how you just popped into existence at a Vista or other location...
     - "I just came back from WvW"  (or PvP) - "I logged out here. Just logged back in." - "You must be lagging" /rude
These Scotty features will be released soon.
Teleporting to discovered locations is easy to code, but I'll have to think about how to change up the layout so that it doesn't get too busy.
(08-07-2018, 02:39 PM)Urguwno Wrote:  
(08-07-2018, 07:15 AM)darkshadow Wrote:  And this is his second add on on store. Man you are really great! I will buy all!

• I teleport to new discoveries on my main account not less than 20 seconds apart and I've had no problems.  (but I could be lucky)
  • I recommend watching the timer since your last button-click teleport and waiting until it says >60s if you want to be safer.
  • I teleport to my mouse cursor location frequently in all game modes, but I recommend not being too obvious if there are nearby observers.
  • Suspensions are typically 3 months.  (Even my blatantly obvious teleport gatherer only got a 3 month suspension, but that's after 3 days of 24x7 teleporting to gatherable nodes and selling them immediately on the trade post.)
  • It's highly unlikely, but if someone questions how you just popped into existence at a Vista or other location...
     - "I just came back from WvW"  (or PvP) - "I logged out here. Just logged back in." - "You must be lagging" /rude
Teleporting to discovered locations is easy to code, but I'll have to think about how to change up the layout so that it doesn't get too busy.

Sorry, I requested it as part of the dailies sometimes. May I also suggest, to reveal the names of nearby node to gather? Like if I dont want to gather that certain node but only like shards and pearls. For dailies as well. That would be lovely. Anyway, great add on. So much worth it. Thanks for making this possible. I was doing this manually on minion but it was so tiring LOL
(08-08-2018, 01:53 PM)darkshadow Wrote:  

• Suspensions are typically 3 months.  (Even my blatantly obvious teleport gatherer only got a 3 month suspension, but that's after 3 days of 24x7 teleporting to gatherable nodes and selling them immediately on the trade post.)

Sorry, I requested it as part of the dailies sometimes. May I also suggest, to reveal the names of nearby node to gather? Like if I dont want to gather that certain node but only like shards and pearls. For dailies as well. That would be lovely. Anyway, great add on. So much worth it. Thanks for making this possible. I was doing this manually on minion but it was so tiring LOL

I revealed the names of individual nodes, waypoints, etc. as requested.  Check out today's update and let me know what you think.

A pic of the new user interface is in the wiki.  http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=scotty

Viewed Vistas are proving to be a bit problematic due to some bad positional data on them in the map marker list, but I'll add them later if feasible.
(08-09-2018, 10:10 PM)Urguwno Wrote:  
(08-08-2018, 01:53 PM)darkshadow Wrote:  

I revealed the names of individual nodes, waypoints, etc. as requested.  Check out today's update and let me know what you think.

A pic of the new user interface is in the wiki.  http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=scotty

Viewed Vistas are proving to be a bit problematic due to some bad positional data on them in the map marker list, but I'll add them later if feasible.

Wow that was fast! Thanks!!!!! You are the best!
Another Request: Do you know the snippets of caches? like sunspear caches on istan? XD Thats nice to gather dailies too.