Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jorith Radar (GW2Minion)
Star 
[Image: dzBiWeT.png]
BUY IT IN THE STORE NOW!!

Jorith Radar Wiki

"Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality." - Alexis Carrel

Keep perfect situational awareness, and improve you gaming experience.
This Radar offers premium options while keeping cpu usage at minimum.

Minimap:
  • Show all players and npc around you.
  • Selectable markers for each type of entity on the mini-map.
  • Choose the color for each type.
  • Markers show the direction on the minimap.
  • Show the path the bot is walking.
  • Automatically resizes to the mini-map in-game.
  • Automatically adjust to game's "Interface Size".
  • MINIMAL system impact.
ESP:
  • Show all entities in the world around you.
  • Option to show profession icon for players.
  • Option to show name and distance.
  • Option to show a healthbar.
  • Choose the color for each type.
  • MINIMAL system impact.
QOL:
  • Corsor guide, highlight the mouse by drawing 2 lines across the screen that intersect at the mouse position.
  • Tactical compass, float a compass around the player showing NWSE directions.
  • Range indocator, draw a circle around the player with a configurable radius.
  • Choose the color for each option.
[Image: 4gYlgs6.png]
[Image: mBTD7oB.png]
[Image: nOQHYe5.png]
"I got a good look at his eyes colonel,... They glowed"

Have idea you want coded? Have the next big idea? Send me pm.
Since this addon is not released yet, any feature request would be welcome now. I cannot promise to add every wish, i will do what i can.

Current list of ideas i will look into: (some might not be possible to realize, but i will look into the item on this list)

TODO:
- change color/fade entity info without line of sight, indicate they are not visible.
- show wvw supply count.
- hotkey support.

ADDED:
- display line to our current target.
- draw line from npc that have aggro on us. (no player support)

Some might be interested in a "range-finder", showing the player what's within range. (e.g. I'm playing a scepter necro, so I'd like to see what's within 900 range.)

I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish this might be, so I'll throw out a few ideas.

1) Add an indicator overhead of enemies showing in-range or out-of-range.
2) Draw a transparent filled circle around the player showing approximately X range. (Or a simple empty circle around the player.)
3) Draw transparent green lines to nearby enemies within range. Draw transparent red lines to nearby enemies out-of-range.

Maybe poll the audience on this one to see if I'm right on player sentiment or if there would only be a few using this.
The views/opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the official policy/position of MMOMinion or its affiliates.
(08-11-2019, 05:20 PM)Urguwno Wrote:  Some might be interested in a "range-finder", showing the player what's within range.  (e.g. I'm playing a scepter necro, so I'd like to see what's within 900 range.)

I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish this might be, so I'll throw out a few ideas.

1) Add an indicator overhead of enemies showing in-range or out-of-range.
2) Draw a transparent filled circle around the player showing approximately X range.  (Or a simple empty circle around the player.)
3) Draw transparent green lines to nearby enemies within range. Draw transparent red lines to nearby enemies out-of-range.

Maybe poll the audience on this one to see if I'm right on player sentiment or if there would only be a few using this.

Thanks for the input! At the moment i have the range indication as just a simple circle around the player, which can be set to any color and range.
I will think about how i could and if i want to add extend this, without cluttering the screen  Cutesmile

Ah, so much there already that I didn't notice the range-finder was already implemented.  Good job!
ThumbsUp
The views/opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the official policy/position of MMOMinion or its affiliates.
This sounds pretty neat and I will likely end up snagging it. I have some ideas below, though I believe some of them may be outside of what the LUA api provide, and possibly beyond what the current bot framework provides. Still, here's some ideas I have for you/

Will text above a given entities name fade with distance or behind walls? For example, maybe make the text a darker color if they're behind a wall and change the opacity with distance. Additionally, if the bot engine provides for such a rendering feature, how about seeing player (and other entity ) models through walls, like an old school wallhack?

And how about an option to display a player's WvW supply above their head? As a WvW main I would find such an ESP feature invaluable. I would be sold on this feature alone haha. Another WvW/PvP-oriented feature could be adding an indicator showing who has you selected or targeted. I could be misremembering, but I recall there was a pointer indicating the entity another player had selected

Finally, and this is probably outside the scope of such a tool, but I have to ask for us WvW and PvP players. Some form of gear and build checking, for example calculating their stats and displaying if they're power based, condi, tanky etc, perhaps in the form of colors or icons that you can click to view their full setup. Display a small indicator above their head or something. This might actually be better off as a separate store addon though.

Finally, I like the option of toggling a range finder as on-screen text, in addition to the toggleable range-indicating rings. It would be nice to not have to open up taco when I could use this addon instead haha.

That's all I got for now. Nice work so far.
(08-12-2019, 02:30 AM)ozzy Wrote:  This sounds pretty neat and I will likely end up snagging it. I have some ideas below, though I believe some of them may be outside of what the LUA api provide, and possibly beyond what the current bot framework provides. Still, here's some ideas I have for you/

That's all I got for now. Nice work so far.

Thanks so much for the response. To make it easy i will just go trough each suggestion and explain why i will or will not put it on my list, to see if it can be done.

-I like the idea of fading or changing the intensity of the colors when stuff is not visible ingame, aka behind something. Putting it on the list.

-Sadly i cannot make the actual character models visible. I experimented with a classic "green sqaure" around every entity, but sadly it seems the height and radius values we have in the bot only match the entity's colision box, and not the model, making it really hit or miss on the size of the box.
- Showing wvw supply - i honestly dont know if the bot has data on how much supply others are carrying (i never go to wvw, it confuses me a solo player  Awkward ) putting it on the list.

- I like the idea of displaying who has you targeted, but i believe we can only see who is actively casting at us, will have to do some testing. So it goes on the list.

- As for displaying the gear and all that detailed information, i think this will be, like you say, too much to add to this tool. If even possible to make with the data we have available.

- Could you give me an example of onscreen text as range finder? Screenshot or video of it in action would be the best. I will admit, i would not mind making loading up taco not needed anymore.

Thanks for the ideas and i will work on those i think will work for this tool, also get back to me on that last one.

Looks awesome, man. Best of luck releasing it!
Couple small ideas: 1) (optionally) have a visible line drawn connecting your character with currently selected target; 2) (optionally) draw lines connecting entities which are currently targeting you (different color or / and line style) - these lines may vary in width depending on distance; 3) prefix names with class and/or possibly color code names depending on class types - that's for players; 4) add hotkeys to show/hide friendlies/enemies on demand (important for WvW to avoid lag due to number of entities possibly in range) 5) add a list of entities triggering warning (visual and/or sound notification) based on name substring - optionally also consider drawing a line to them...
(08-12-2019, 11:29 AM)criosray Wrote:  Couple small ideas: 1) (optionally) have a visible line drawn connecting your character with currently selected target; 2) (optionally) draw lines connecting entities which are currently targeting you (different color or / and line style) - these lines may vary in width depending on distance; 3) prefix names with class and/or possibly color code names depending on class types - that's for players; 4) add hotkeys to show/hide friendlies/enemies on demand (important for WvW to avoid lag due to number of entities possibly in range) 5) add a list of entities triggering warning (visual and/or sound notification) based on name substring - optionally also consider drawing a line to them...

Thanks for the input! Ill just rattle off my thoughts on each idea and to my list what i think could be done/usefull

1 - Very possible, but i would have to see how it looks in practice. Will test this out.
2 - Like the previous request for this, i am not sure this is possible, and if possible it has to look right. Keep in mind, a straight line is simple, showing a path in unrealistic because path finding is very cpu heavy and cannot be spammed. It is on the list, but my hopes are not high.
3 - Players already have to option to change the dot with a profession icon. See the screenshots for how this looks.
4 - The radar itself has a system in place to prevent lag due to extreme number of entities. Adding hotkey support is a trivial task, so i might just add it anyway. Lowwww priotity, but on the list.
5 - This one will not go on the list, mainly because i feel it is outside of the scope of options i want to offer, and feels like it would fit more into a "security" based addon.