Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Black Mage (BLM) 5.08 Skill Profile
Quote:I made this for my personal use to level up using Trusts since the default BLM_SHB profile sucks ass, lol.

I thoroughly enjoyed figuring out how to make this from scratch, so I'll probably go back and update it to be more efficient in the future and add some filters.. maybe also make it work with lower levels while I'm at it.

As for why level 68+, level 68 is when the current AoE rotation starts to take shape, the profile will work fine on single target at as low as level 60 (which is when you get Fire IV), but anyone interested in getting this profile probably wants to run dungeons with it, and thus having some proper AoE is necessary.

edit Sept. 13, 2019: Made Filter 3 disable all proc usage as well.

So I've gone ahead and updated the profile a little bit.  It should now work for all levels.  It's probably not quite perfect below level 60, but it should do a serviceable job for levelling purposes, I think.

Feel free to notify me of any glaring issues.

I've also added some filters to the profile..

1 - Turns off non-proc Thunder skills. (for manual usage.. it will still use Thundercloud procs)
2 - Turns off all AoE spells.
3 - Turns off Polyglot spells and Fire/Thunder procs. (maybe you want to save them for movement)
4 - Turns off all buffs except Enochian. (for manual usage)

I'm going to leave the initial lvl 68+ profile up for download just in case I broke something in it without noticing..

Attached Files
.lua   BLM 68-80.lua (Size: 8.67 KB / Downloads: 330)
.lua   BLM 5.08.lua (Size: 16 KB / Downloads: 940)
Thanks! Going to test this out some. :)

*Edit: Been running this a bit and so far the rotation is doing some serious dps. Great Job!
So one thing I noticed at 76 is sometimes the bot gets stuck casting Umbral Soul constantly out of combat, which looks weird, especially in assist mode in a dungeon. Any suggestions?
(09-06-2019, 10:38 PM)FatalMinion Wrote:  So one thing I noticed at 76 is sometimes the bot gets stuck casting Umbral Soul constantly out of combat, which looks weird, especially in assist mode in a dungeon. Any suggestions?

Uhh, that one’s actually on purpose.

So you’d always start the next fight/pull with 3 Umbral Hearts and not lose Enochian.

Believe it or not, that’s how I play manually on BLM, lol.

If you want to change it, just disable the Umbral Soul at the very end of the profile skils, or edit the Gauge info for it and put Gauge 4 value to be < 3000.  That’ll lessen the frequency of Umbral Soul to only when Umbral Ice has only 3s left.

I’ll make sure to make it look more organic for the next version.
(09-07-2019, 03:06 AM)blubfly Wrote:  
(09-06-2019, 10:38 PM)FatalMinion Wrote:  So one thing I noticed at 76 is sometimes the bot gets stuck casting Umbral Soul constantly out of combat, which looks weird, especially in assist mode in a dungeon. Any suggestions?

Uhh, that one’s actually on purpose.

So you’d always start the next fight/pull with 3 Umbral Hearts and not lose Enochian.

Believe it or not, that’s how I play manually on BLM, lol.

If you want to change it, just disable the Umbral Soul at the very end of the profile skils, or edit the Gauge info for it and put Gauge 4 value to be < 3000.  That’ll lessen the frequency of Umbral Soul to only when Umbral Ice has only 3s left.

I’ll make sure to make it look more organic for the next version.

Thanks! I'll give that a go. :)
gonna try this out for leveling, then report back, thanks for sharing your work, appreciate it.
works great, only problem i had was prior to Lv 4 w/o transpose it wasn't able to go astral ice, but Lv 4 comes so quick anyways it's not really worth the fix/update
Working so much nicer than the default while leveling THM. Thank you.
Wow! This is a nice profile! Thanks!
Hey so i tried the profiles in grind mode and it just locks the target and stands there. Any suggestions on fixing this?