Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Profile Manager ... Faux Quest Possible?
Thank you Sebbs. I made your recommended corrections, tried a number of quest-giving NPCs, and got it to work -- at least it will go to specified areas and kill things -- KIND OF. It's terribly wonky and bot-like, and I don't trust it.

For the time being I'm combing through my recipe database, identifying all kill drops and associated beasts, and will soon begin creating markers for them. Names, coordinates/zones for the markers will also go into a table and I'll at least be able to launch my bot to the appropriate targets, though it will remain a largely manual process. No great loss, as I've now gathered from every normal and unspoiled node (ARR and HW) in bot mode I've become much less confident about running unattended -- waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many nav-path problems where the bot looks too much like a bot.

Not that anyone cares, but below is a graphic representation of where I'm headed with this little project. End goal is to auto-generate recipe-based scripts--perfect, fully customized LUA scripts in seconds for one or a dozen or more recipes at one time.

Code:
                                                |---[tblMarkers]
                                                |
[Quest Report in LUA *info format]              |---[tblDrops]
                |                               |
                |                               |---[tblPurchasables]
                |<---[Query]<---[tblRecipes]----|
                |                               |---[tblCompounds]
                |                               |
[Gather Report in LUA *lua format]              |---[tblGathers]
                                                |
                                                |---[tblGatherNodes]

At present, I'm using the tblGathers and tblGatherNodes with MS Word's Mail Merge function to generate gathering profiles. Still infinitely faster than writing/editing scripts by hand, and the data-driven approach makes rapid customization a snap. But the real beauty is every script is flawless; no syntax issues and no typo issues with item names.

Oops -- forgot to mention Unspoiled nodes -- unique gathering profiles for unspoileds in seconds. Merely check off what's to be collected and when. Will ultimately mesh into the diagram above. Much easier with a database to ensure there are no timing issues. About 95% done with this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Profile Manager ... Faux Quest Possible? - by Picklet - 11-18-2015, 03:13 AM