Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stack overflow, bot crashes almost immediately
just as an update (hopefully you and the rest of the team see it in case its identifiable or solveable)

the issue returned. i solved it again but it got even weirder. So it wasnt the changing of the surround window behavior that fixed it. I happened to coincidentally reset my display settings when I did so.

I havent been able to test if the following holds up after restart (kid is watching plex atm and my gaming pc is also my server) but assume it will.

Anyways, the behavior is the following.

If i remove my ffxiv.cfg and restart the game. I can log in, and attach problem free so long as i adjust to any of the predetermined resolutions first. After selecting a predetermined resolution I can change to my fullscreen/resolution of choice.

this goes kaput on restart of the game however. It returns to attaching as usual - but blowing up after ~10 seconds.

I was about to settle with simply starting the game at a pre determined windowed resolution, attaching, and moving it up to where I need it as the only way to make it work. Annoying, inconvenient yes. But at least within reason.

Turns out (this is where it gets weird AF) If I take it in the "blowing up" state, shut it down, delete the .cfg (reset all system settings) again, and then proceed to set the display reso BEFORE ever logging in, its all gravy. attaches fine. stays loaded up fine. no problamo.

Now you guys likely know the inner workings of the bot and game and their interactions better than anyone - so perhaps this makes sense on some level thats above my pay grade. I know next to nothing about d3d api/graphics rendering pipelines etc so while i have it working - the ideal situation would be a tweak on your side that would allow me to change display settings without having to go through this whole song and dance. Or more importantly, prevent it from being an issue with someone in the future.

Either way, for now the result is the same. It works but the "fix" was a bit different than first realized.

Messages In This Thread
RE: stack overflow, bot crashes almost immediately - by automationarmy - 06-04-2017, 01:30 AM