Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Frontlines Mesh - Complete Mesh w/ Markers
(11-13-2014, 12:02 AM)Tyalangan Wrote:  If anyone cares I moved around some coding to have the bot attack nodes in the middle. I'll post the .lua here if anyone wants it.

However, I think I may be done with Frontlines. There has not been a day that people don't try to kick me from the match. Reading through the chat log one guy called me out before every match. Too few people do frontlines so you will be allied with the same people every time. I wish Wolves Den still existed but at this rate I'll be banned before I get my PVP gear.

I've been doing it 3 days non-stop and have only gained 7 levels. I'd need 10 more for the first ilvl100 gear. That's a week alone. A week of getting called out multiple times a day is not worth it.

This is the main reason I was drawn to minion, I won't be quitting because I have found so many other great uses for the bot, but if you want to keep your character don't do frontlines.

Called out for doing what exactly? I did some as both DPS/Healer, I've noticed I get called out more often on healer than a DPS/tank (until I changed the skillprofile to prioritize heals/regens/SS over anything else). The only reason people get suspicious is that you go with the wrong group at the start. Like if you're on A, you're expected to go left and not right. Same thing with B, you go mid camp; C you go right camp. If the bot could detect which party group you're in and make it so you can choose which camp to go at depending on group letter, than I don't think anyone will notice anything.

As it stands right now, it can be very bot-able if you monitor it and play as a melee DPS with a self-fixed mesh and jump points. No one will know the difference if you have a good skill profile too.

What pisses me off a little is the skillprofiles have been semi-broken ever since the 2.4 patch. I can't change the "target/player" thing to tell it to attack players only instead of a NPC target. The only fix I've found for this is to take a dummy profile from someone and just copy pasting if it has either "target" or "player" in it. And I'm not used to opening .lua files to modify those directly.

(11-12-2014, 10:30 PM)Ace Wrote:  I do not intend on doing anything else for Frontlines anytime soon. There is really nothing in it for me. Personally, I ranked up from 40-45 in Wolves Den in less than 24 hours. Frontlines is not botter friendly. Never was, probably never will be. I know that some people prefer it and have to use it since they are very private and/or don't have 4 bots or any friends on the server, etc.

It's also sort of interesting that you would like to take advantage of people offering donations for simply modifying something I created while at the same time insinuating that you're owed something more than you're currently receiving. Maybe I should pre-fund all of my future user requests and new modes and updated abilities with user donations before I release them in the future also?

Says the guy with a "donate" button at the bottom of every post he makes :^).
Look dude, we really appreciate what you've done so far. I just started with a simple question to know whether or not the PVP was going to be worked upon.
And I wouldn't say I'm taking advantage of people, as it did take me a week or so to fix this damn adders mesh and test it to see it work perfectly. I'm not as unselfish as you are apparently :^)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frontlines Mesh - (Immortal Flames) - by Ace - 09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: Frontlines Mesh - (Immortal Flames) - by Ace - 09-17-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: Frontlines Mesh - Complete Mesh w/ Markers - by 9874126 - 11-13-2014, 07:11 PM