Poll: What do you think of this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Love it! Would like to see this implemented!

10 83.33%
Like it

0 0%
Sounds like too much work for what it's worth!

2 16.67%
Beh!

0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
[Request] - Player detection to turn off hack
Check 
Hello

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I figured i'd try here.

So I was thinking, perhaps the developers would like the idea to implement a function where the bot detects if a person is getting close to you.

If so, then at a certain distance all hacks will be disabled. I noticed that hunts (A & S rank) can be seen at really big distances if you are using the radar, I figured perhaps there can be a use for this and prevent people who are botting and afk, get a heads up of whats going on in game.

Something like a sound going off to let you know

Quote:"hey there is someone getting close to your current position, be careful!"

Obviously not having to say that, just a sound or some type of alert.

Since the radar can check other players position as well as their distance from you, I don't think it would be entirely dificult to implement a function where a sound goes off when someone enters a predetermined perimeter and disables automatically your hacks or simply plays a sound!

I think this would be a really really useful function for the bot, I'm pretty sure not all of us use a bot on a new account with nothing to lose. From what I've read on the forums, there are a lot of people who use this for their main accounts.

I strongly believe this will allow such people more peace of mind when using a bot. Needless to say regardless of whether there is an alert system or not, one is responsible for the use of this bot and should at all times be aware of its consequences!

As far as I can see, the max distance that are display are as follow:
  • Nodes: 116
  • Player: 112
  • Battle NPC: 126
  • Event NPC: 118
  • Event Object: 122
  • Aetheryte: 201

At least what I noticed on MY radar, so perhaps to allow players a safe distance of 130-140 until an alarm goes off that a player is within proximity of you and can potentially notice you!

[Image: mjtjid.png]

Of course, here is where a different variable comes into play!

As far as I know, the Display Limits setting in your System Configuration allows you to set a range in which things will start to appear on your own screen (mostly noticeable in main towns), as characters can be seen from really far away or from a relatively close distance.

So you really can't determine at which distance another player could see you from, thus it would be safe to counter this by setting the perimeter radius to the furthest distance an object is rendered at for a client. From what I can see, 120-130 seems to be a normal distance before a player can be seen from afar.

Note that I've only tested this myself on my client with Maximum setting on Display Limits.

Anyways thats it from me, want to know what you guys think of it and if it would be a viable possibility for a future update from the developers Expect

Messages In This Thread
[Request] - Player detection to turn off hack - by saikai90 - 01-13-2015, 03:08 PM