Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
No Longer Updating These Profiles, Feel Free to Delete Thread
I didn't seem to notice, so I apologize if this question has already been answered - Does this profile have full level support from 30-60 or is it simply 60 only?
have noticed some freezing when it enters DWT in melee range on packs of mobs- might be confused as to cast blizz or ruin III. Not a big issue since i like to ruin III anyways to make sure it gets started right to fit in the 5 ruins
(08-05-2015, 06:15 PM)ethos Wrote:  I didn't seem to notice, so I apologize if this question has already been answered - Does this profile have full level support from 30-60 or is it simply 60 only?

The profile should work just fine for lower level content as the summoner job gained a lot of new actions but did not fundamentally change. Your dot rotation, shadowflare, and fester were the bread and butter before and still are. I think the only thing I need to do is add a ruin 1 for low level content as it is set to cast only when all 3 dots are present on your target. I'll update this today for you.
excited to test this when i get home! will let you know if any issue occur
Nice stuff YellowcarQueen! I had to add current action not: 3984 to Bio II, Miasma, and Bio so they didn't fire after the cast of Tri-disaster though.
I apologize if this has been answered before........

How would you use this profile (set up minion) to do Alexander 1-4 with a live group of people? Is it possible?

Thank you!!
Seen this?
Opener: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oKu...iizxhrpuix
Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oKu...w?sle=true
(08-07-2015, 05:10 AM)Kate Wrote:  Seen this?
Opener: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oKu...iizxhrpuix
Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oKu...w?sle=true

I get that some folks live for that kind of indepth analysis, but bleh. I'm just not into the analytics of dps that much. That guide is oriented towards squeezing out every single digit of dps potential available and in my opinion is something that can only be accomplished by top 1% of players; which I don't include myself in (not by a long shot).

The bottom line with these profiles is that they will never be able to mimic the same perfect order opener as a highly skilled top %1 player. Maybe someone more experienced with the profile manager can accomplish it, but not I.

I think a decently written profile will perform better than 90% of the player base as it is not subject to human error other than the human that designed it and the user that is implementing it in regards to filters, movement, etc. The action part is not subject to human error or fatigue that can set in after long fights or lack of concentration.

As long as you can master the mechanics of the actual fight I think the skill manager helps the average player bridge the gap between that top 9% and the other 90% of the players that play the game in regards to the job function. It will never be as good as the top %1 that is clearing content on a server first basis though.
Of course not- it does what it's designed to do perfectly but can never take into account mechanics. That being said, you are one of the few that have actually made a working profile for this and I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate this. If someone uses a combat assist and expects to be in the 99th percentile for parses then idk. I'm usuall helping people in the fc catch up on alts and running the same content over and over gets pretty tiring- its great to have an auto pilot that performs just splendidly.

Also did some tests tonight- seems to be about a 25-40 dps increase compared to the last update so I'm happy (:
One thing I'm unsure of however is the Tri-Disaster at the end of DWT- I've watched it many times and can't tell if it's being applied with the buff or not. Can you confirm? If not I have no problem manually doing it right when the dots fall off since it still seems to get the 5 Ruin III's in there.
(08-07-2015, 01:53 AM)Prez Wrote:  I apologize if this has been answered before........

How would you use this profile (set up minion) to do Alexander 1-4 with a live group of people? Is it possible?

Thank you!!

You really don't have to set-up anything other than the filters Prez. I have not attempted Alexander: Gordias (Savage) so I cannot speak to whether this profile meets the dps requirements for that content. I can say that the profile works very well, in my opinion, for completing all of Alexander: Gordias (Normal) as I frequently am the top dps when using the Advanced Combat Tracker DPS Parser. http://advancedcombattracker.com/download.php I find that I beat out the majority of MNKs and DRGs even and you can say they suck at their job then, but hey; I suck at my job too. That's why Im using this tool. =p

Filter 1 = AOE actions will be prioritized and used during and out of DWT.
Filter 2 = Raging Strikes, Tri-Disaster, Rouse, Spur, and Enkindle actions will be used.
Filter 3 = Eye for an Eye, Physick actions will be used.

Here's my recommendations for each Alexander Floor
1 = Filter 1 (Off), Filter 2 (On), Filter 3 (On)
2 = Filter 1 (On), Filter 2 (On), Filter 3 (On)
3 = Filter 1 (Off), Filter 2 (On), Filter 3 (On)
4 = Filter 1 (Off), Filter 2 (On), Filter 3 (On)

(08-07-2015, 06:46 AM)jynguy3n Wrote:  Of course not- it does what it's designed to do perfectly but can never take into account mechanics. That being said, you are one of the few that have actually made a working profile for this and I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate this. If someone uses a combat assist and expects to be in the 99th percentile for parses then idk. I'm usuall helping people in the fc catch up on alts and running the same content over and over gets pretty tiring- its great to have an auto pilot that performs just splendidly.

Also did some tests tonight- seems to be about a 25-40 dps increase compared to the last update so I'm happy (:
One thing I'm unsure of however is the Tri-Disaster at the end of DWT- I've watched it many times and can't tell if it's being applied with the buff or not. Can you confirm? If not I have no problem manually doing it right when the dots fall off since it still seems to get the 5 Ruin III's in there.

Ty Jynguy. My reply to Kate was a little longwinded, but I just wanted to explain my thinking on guides like that and my thoughts as to what I try and accomplish in implementing a profile.

Yes, I noticed that about Tri-Disaster too. I'm going to run content tonight and test and tweak further. Right now, that's the last little hiccup I'm seeing (This was pretty easy fix, just needed to bump Tri-Disaster above Deathflare in skill order. Looks like its working now; so redownload or just move F2-Burst-Tridisaster up a # higher than Deathflare in the Skill Profile Manager)