Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game crashing when Minion UI loads
The bot loads up, but about 2 seconds after the UI appears, the game crashes.

* Windows 7
* AV = MSE (no other AV on)
* C:\Program Files (x86)\MINIONAPP
* No Anti Malware
* Mumble and TS installed but not running.
* I read the Wiki on Installing
* Running bot as Admin (nothing is in Compatibility Mode)
* Using the Attach Button
*No Addons

I'm assuming I'm missing something, but not sure what it is.
well you said you read the wiki, but still you placed your MINIONAPP in program files (x86), rather then just C:\MINIONAPP
Make sure you are not running the game in DirectX 11
(11-20-2015, 10:46 AM)brocklesnar Wrote:  well you said you read the wiki, but still you placed your MINIONAPP in program files (x86), rather then just C:\MINIONAPP
I did read the Wiki, I guess I just didn't completely understand what "DO NOT install the Minionapp or a minion product on your desktop or any other windows related folder.' meant.

If it was worded as: "Install as just C:\MINIONAPP" that would have been clearer to me.

I moved the location of the MINIONAPP folder to C:\MINIONAPP and that seems to have stopped the crashing. Thanks for the help and sorry I didn't understand initially.
At least you gave the complete details so it could be diagnosed without us having to ask 20 times for the proper information, kudos.
(11-20-2015, 06:46 PM)Burn Wrote:  
(11-20-2015, 10:46 AM)brocklesnar Wrote:  well you said you read the wiki, but still you placed your MINIONAPP in program files (x86), rather then just C:\MINIONAPP
I did read the Wiki, I guess I just didn't completely understand what "DO NOT install the Minionapp or a minion product on your desktop or any other windows related folder.' meant.

If it was worded as: "Install as just C:\MINIONAPP" that would have been clearer to me.

I moved the location of the MINIONAPP folder to C:\MINIONAPP and that seems to have stopped the crashing. Thanks for the help and sorry I didn't understand initially.

granted it may not say specific C:\minionapp in that section, programfiles is a windows related folder.

and it does say
Run the MinionApp_Installer.exe.
Make sure to allow the installation of everything the MinionApp installer wants to install. (.NET, DXRuntime, C++ redist 2010 & 2013).
Start the MinionApp.exe from c:\minionapp\