Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trial Questions
Ok, I started my trial today. I'm normally just use the bot while watching tv so I'm trying to setup some simple bots. I tried setting up a bot to just mine iron ore, went to the area, got it setup to gather the single node and it works as long as the node is close to me. It gathers the ore, then starts doing some straif/backwards running up hills and into walls and never moves to next node. It also does this if I am not close enough to a node when I start the bot.

I set this up using the quick start, my marker manager is set to single marker, mining marker, Mining 15. (I had it as multiple marker to start and it kept trying to pull out my archer bow and fight). Sorry, the documentation seems pretty hard to come by and out of date so I'm trying to figure this out but after a couple hours I'm here posting.

Also there are some missing crafter profiles, not sure how to setup a profile unless it is in a really old post I only went back 5 pages. Guess I'm not really looking for something to play the game for me, just something to take some the the annoying tasks on while I watch tv or do a few things around the house.
(04-22-2017, 05:08 PM)JC65 Wrote:  Ok, I started my trial today.  I'm normally just use the bot while watching tv so I'm trying to setup some simple bots.  I tried setting up a bot to just mine iron ore, went to the area, got it setup to gather the single node and it works as long as the node is close to me.  It gathers the ore, then starts doing some straif/backwards running up hills and into walls and never moves to next node.  It also does this if I am not close enough to a node when I start the bot.

I set this up using the quick start, my marker manager is set to single marker, mining marker, Mining 15. (I had it as multiple marker to start and it kept trying to pull out my archer bow and fight).  Sorry, the documentation seems pretty hard to come by and out of date so I'm trying to figure this out but after a couple hours I'm here posting.

Also there are some missing crafter profiles, not sure how to setup a profile unless it is in a really old post I only went back 5 pages.  Guess I'm not really looking for something to play the game for me, just something to take some the the annoying tasks on while I watch tv or do a few things around the house.

Sanity check: Are you in mouse/keyboard mode?

If you're in controller mode, the bot won't be able to navigate properly.
Yup, I play on a PC with Keyboard and Mouse. I also turned off all the hacks in case one of those was messing with me.

Is there a way to reset all defaults? Are they in a specific file or registy, just in case I selected something I should not have I can get back to a default setting?
(04-22-2017, 11:35 PM)JC65 Wrote:  Yup, I play on a PC with Keyboard and Mouse.  I also turned off all the hacks in case one of those was messing with me.

Is there a way to reset all defaults?  Are they in a specific file or registy, just in case I selected something I should not have I can get back to a default setting?

I don't know, unfortunately. Your best bet would be to post in the support forum here: http://www.mmominion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=93 

You could test if navigation is working properly by switching to the "NavTest" bot, pressing "Get Current Pos", walking a short distance away and then pressing Start / Stop.
Thanks, found it. I was in legacy mode for movement.
Last question I hope, is there a way to make the dropdowns wider?  Some of the items are cutoff and when there are two similar "The Dravanian Hinterlands" and "The Dravanian Forelands" for example, they are hard to tell which is which.

[Image: snip_20170423081045-ieJUuxw3.1492956748.png]
(04-23-2017, 02:06 PM)JC65 Wrote:  Last question I hope, is there a way to make the dropdowns wider?  Some of the items are cutoff and when there are two similar "The Dravanian Hinterlands" and "The Dravanian Forelands" for example, they are hard to tell which is which.

[Image: snip_20170423081045-ieJUuxw3.1492956748.png]

You can resize the window by dragging the bottom right corner.
(04-23-2017, 03:39 PM)Skygirl779 Wrote:  You can resize the window by dragging the bottom right corner.

Thanks, I had tried that but I guess I wasn't in the exact corner, sorry about that.

Trial ends tonight and have a couple more questions :)

I created a Marker List and created 3 marker points for out in Heavens Ward, basically mining Mythrite Ore.  Is there a way to increase the range of the area it checks with one Marker rather than doing a marker, or is what I did the best way to do it?

Is there a way or a setting that makes gathering cast a buff prior to going? Say if you want to try and gather just hq, I couldn't get that to work. Or if your going to be gathering in a area where you needed Sharp Vision, for example.

Is the crafting portion basically just setup a macro and have the bot run it?  Or is there something where you just tell it what to make and it goes.  I couldn't find any .lua files that seemed to do that and I guess I was looking for more of a point and click type method.  Maybe I missed that somewhere.

Maybe all these are doable in a .lua file I did not get all the way to that depth, ended up helping inlaws move and since gathering is my primary "wish" I wanted to make sure I got through that.
(04-24-2017, 02:27 AM)JC65 Wrote:  
(04-23-2017, 03:39 PM)Skygirl779 Wrote:  You can resize the window by dragging the bottom right corner.

Thanks, I had tried that but I guess I wasn't in the exact corner, sorry about that.

Trial ends tonight and have a couple more questions :)

I created a Marker List and created 3 marker points for out in Heavens Ward, basically mining Mythrite Ore.  Is there a way to increase the range of the area it checks with one Marker rather than doing a marker, or is what I did the best way to do it?

Is there a way or a setting that makes gathering cast a buff prior to going?  Say if you want to try and gather just hq, I couldn't get that to work.  Or if your going to be gathering in a area where you needed Sharp Vision, for example.

Is the crafting portion basically just setup a macro and have the bot run it?  Or is there something where you just tell it what to make and it goes.  I couldn't find any .lua files that seemed to do that and I guess I was looking for more of a point and click type method.  Maybe I missed that somewhere.

Maybe all these are doable in a .lua file I did not get all the way to that depth, ended up helping inlaws move and since gathering is my primary "wish" I wanted to make sure I got through that.

http://www.mmominion.com/thread-18108.html
you can make a skill profile with your own macro set up for crafting , lots of good stuff in the forums if you take the time to look :)
(04-24-2017, 10:30 AM)krackle Wrote:  http://www.mmominion.com/thread-18108.html
you can make a skill profile with your own macro set up for crafting , lots of good stuff in the forums if you take the time to look :)

Yea I found that, which is why I asked if the only way was to have minion run your macro, so I'll take this as a yes :)