Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Change Log
Would it be possible to have some sort of changelog for ffixvminion so we can keep up to speed on what changes are made on each update? I notice its been updated since i last logged in yesterday but have no idea whats been changed/added etc.
kinda agreed on this
the update thread kinda tells ya when its not background changes that been made.....
(02-10-2015, 02:33 PM)Cichard Wrote:  the update thread kinda tells ya when its not background changes that been made.....

Thanks, i have that thread subscribed however as explained, we have no way of knowing what is changed and when unless its a major update where we get some idea of whats changed.

Example, as i mentioned, the other day minion downloaded several files i don't know what they were it goes too fast. I dont know what new features were added, what old features were fixed etc.

A changelog would fix this issue
The hardcore changelog is on the github for all the nitty gritty. We could probably create a summarized changelog, it's just a bit hard on patch day sometimes as we are 100% focused on any issues.

https://github.com/MINIONBOTS/FFXIVMinio...its/master

One of the problems with changelogs is that people suddenly have a masters degree in Artificial Intelligence Computing and will debate practically every aspect without understanding the full scale of underlying reasons.
Hi Ace, thanks didn't know about the github <3

"One of the problems with changelogs is that people suddenly have a masters degree in Artificial Intelligence Computing and will debate practically every aspect without understanding the full scale of underlying reasons. " ~ Ace

Understood, and np
(02-10-2015, 06:09 PM)Kaeyt Sith Wrote:  
(02-10-2015, 02:33 PM)Cichard Wrote:  the update thread kinda tells ya when its not background changes that been made.....

Thanks, i have that thread subscribed however as explained, we have no way of knowing what is changed and when unless its a major update where we get some idea of whats changed.

Example, as i mentioned, the other day minion downloaded several files i don't know what they were it goes too fast. I dont know what new features were added, what old features were fixed etc.

A changelog would fix this issue

exactly if its a big change we put new features and what nots in the news thread. If its minior bug fixes or background stuff no real need to draw out a list of tons of bugs we fixed.