Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Help us help each other
(12-06-2014, 05:13 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  What are you having trouble with?

everything lol... well ok not everything but almost everything.

i guess the process really.

step 1, select profile type "quest" , new profile > create new profile
step 2, talk to an npc and get quest
step 3, click "pull quest id"
step 4, etc etc

I guess i'm just stuck as in what the general process is, what to do , when to do it
If i could get one basic quest done, i could replicate it on others, its just getting that first one correct i guess. Too dumb to be able to work it out :/
Some of this you might know, but i'll give you an example of the basic stuff.

Open up the ProfileManager and name your profile in the "New Profile" field and hit the Create Profile button.

[Image: e08b14f78b.jpg]

Your new profile will be created, but you still have to click on existing profile and select your new profile or it'll get saved as None when you try and save it.

[Image: f97c4978dd.jpg]

Find a quest you want to add and manually accept the quest. Open up your quest journal and make sure the quest you just accepted is selected. Press, the "Pull Quest ID" button. Once the proper Quest ID is in there, press the "Add new Quest" button and a quest will be made under the quests tab.

[Image: e21b24e6f6.jpg]

Click on the quest created and a new window will open. Click the edit steps button in the new window and yet another window will pop up. Here's where we create the first step. Click on the npc that gave you the quest than go back to the step window and make sure the step task is set to "Start". Now you click the Pull Current Values button and click the Add New Steps button. A step will be created in the steps tab below.

[Image: 1690c40dde.jpg]

Now we add in the main content of the quest. This quest requires me to interact with an object, than kill the mobs that spawn, so I need to add a new interact task at the object. Make sure the object is targeted, and do the same thing as above, except change the step task to interact.

[Image: b19705fbd3.jpg]

Now the mobs will spawn so have one targeted, and do the same as above except changing the step task to "Kill". You'll also have to count how many mobs spawn and enter that number into the killcount field. (This # will vary depending on if all the mobs that spawn have the same ID. You'll have to create another kill task for mobs with different ids.)

[Image: 57b1c54bd0.jpg]

Once all that stuff is done and the quest is ready to be turned in, you'll create your final step for the quest which is the "Complete" task. Target the npc, set the task to complete, pull current values, and select the reward you want. Add the step and your step list should look something like below.

[Image: 37ee92b1f7.jpg]

Click the save quest button in the second window, and save profile button in the first window. First quest completed. ThumbsUp
(12-07-2014, 08:00 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  Some of this you might know, but i'll give you an example of the basic stuff.

Click the save quest button in the second window, and save profile button in the first window. First quest completed. ThumbsUp

You sir, are a **** legend, Thank you!! really... Thank you :)