Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average
Ok, who was it. Lol.
the fact that they're so blatant kinda comforts me a bit in that the likelihood of my bots being banned anytime soon is very low. These guys wouldnt be so obvious unless they knew they could get these up and running quickly enough to turn a profit before being banned or maybe im giving them too much credit
Either that, or it's going to whip the white knights into a reporting frenzy. I'd be really careful doing anything in the open world right now, even down to turning off permasprint for a few days.
(01-09-2015, 05:48 AM)rsilva712 Wrote:  
(01-08-2015, 11:36 PM)hamsterz Wrote:  there's atleast 5, 8man groups of bots on balmung that are stuck killing stuff in various newbie area's + they teleport/speed hack openly. Atleast i hope they are drawing attention away from my own bots

Yeah, been running into these morons all day. They are so stupid and blatant about it, all stacked up, with afk mode on, killing one mob....

[Image: 2vskcxu.png]

I'm rofl at this. I do think it's funny that with 4k accounts banned, there's still an almost 1 min wait for lcoa and 3 min for wp.
I doubt it's some dude running a few bots for fun. There is a good chance they are part of professional operation, where bans will be factored into the business model ahead of time. A lot of the time, when you see names like SDyghfy Pdklfklsd, it means they have automated the account and character creation process because they are going through dozens of accounts every day. At that level, accounts are nothing more than an investment in growing the business. When you are working on that scale in an automated fashion, simply doubling or even tripling your $30 investment is great income.

I worked for a very large b2b wholesale video game distributor for 11 years and we did business with some large well-known farming websites that were based in asia. They purchased copies of WoW and cards by the pallet. I'm talking 2400 per week during the slow season... during the holiday season it was to the point where we had to pay people overtime to stay until midnight to scratch them and scan them.
Wow to this point.... oO so gold selling is a big business in asia.
i dont doubt that these are part of a big operation like that. When i was still leveling my bots there, someone claimed they reported 95 names just outside the uldah gates and that was just one of many groups. Honestly though, you'd think editing their profile to atleast kill the quest mobs from underground would go a long way in protecting their investment and increasing profit per account
(01-11-2015, 12:15 AM)hamsterz Wrote:  i dont doubt that these are part of a big operation like that. When i was still leveling my bots there, someone claimed they reported 95 names just outside the uldah gates and that was just one of many groups. Honestly though, you'd think editing their profile to atleast kill the quest mobs from underground would go a long way in protecting their investment and increasing profit per account

Don't be so "minion"-ish to think they are using a profile XD

On a Sidenote, Imagine what a "big operation" would pay for our well-prepared, totally safe-parked i110 BLM Army's potentially farming lcoa 24/7 for 6 months ban-free :D
This stuff makes me just want to report them for the blatant stupidity of it. It irks me so much when i see this stuff lol.