Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Randomly crashing on both PCs.
Still getting crashes randomly, and the GUI_Launcher is wonky ever since 2.5. It will try to relaunch an instance of FF14, but will then immediately close it. No network errors, no reason given in the GUI_Launcher's Log tab either. Simply says "attempting to relaunch blah blah" etc etc.

I've also noticed a LOT, LOT, LOT of quest profiles that have become completely broken since 2.5 and you have to manually run them through a lot of quests. This wasn't an issue prior to 2.5 :(! Not sure what happened :/.

Thankfully, a week or more of randomly having a quest here and there work, and me manually hand-holding 4 bots I've almost got them to Ultimate weapon! I might be able to manually run them tonight on my main PC and get them up and done with the story :O!
I dont know man latty's quest profiles are still working great. You probably need to delete your .nx2 files so it can rebuild navmeshes. but was the "original" cause of the crash not once it doesnt relaunch.

Instead of complaining with the same info over and over. Answer some of hte questions.

1. VPN?
2. Mumble, Teamspeak?
3. version of windows?
4. windows defender or Microsoft security esentials?
5. Any addons at all?
6. Did you delete your .nx2 files when having issues with questing?
7. Any type of catalyst control center or nvida gamer exeperinece.
8. where is the bot installed to?(instalation path)
9. is the game installed in to the same Drive as the bot(not same folder)
10. do you have teamviewer?
(01-27-2015, 09:30 PM)Cichard Wrote:  I dont know man latty's quest profiles are still working great. You probably need to delete your .nx2 files so it can rebuild navmeshes. but was the "original" cause of the crash not once it doesnt relaunch.

Instead of complaining with the same info over and over. Answer some of hte questions.

1. VPN?
2. Mumble, Teamspeak?
3. version of windows?
4. windows defender or Microsoft security esentials?
5. Any addons at all?
6. Did you delete your .nx2 files when having issues with questing?
7. Any type of catalyst control center or nvida gamer exeperinece.
8. where is the bot installed to?(instalation path)
9. is the game installed in to the same Drive as the bot(not same folder)
10. do you have teamviewer?

I already answered these questions :(.

1. No
2. No, but shouldn't ever matter.
3. Windows 7 64bit, as previously posted.
4. Nope
5. Nope
6. Never heard of that solution until today. Although my issue has never been with navigation, it has always been with the profile skipping quest interest points, not waiting long enough, or simply standing there not working. No errors about Navmesh issues?
7. Nope, I always ensure they do not install that "fluff"
8. Desktop
9. C: Drive, Desktop is on C: Drive as well :)
10. Yes, but that won't help. The issue is very straight forward: I download a fresh, clean, version of Minion...let it patch...I then reinstall FF14 (either before or after I get a new clean install of Minion)....I then attempt normal operation and these errors are occuring.

Normal operation dictates that you shouldn't have these kinds of errors right out of the box with clean installs unless files are missing (I'm putting duty/quest profiles in correct locations per instructions).

I'm simply trying to report errors that are acting like they're bot related as this only cropped it post 2.5. Before this everything was hunky-dory.

Furthermore, Latty's Duty profiles are fine. He, however, does not have storyline quest profiles that I'm aware of. Perhaps you're only thinking of Duty profiles which are working just fine?

Two major points here:
A) I'm trying to report instability with the GUI_Launcher and erratic behavior.

B) I'm trying to point out that something(s) changed in Minion that broke a lot of previous quest profiles (http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-34-50-Po...Praetorium).

That's all, Cheers :)!
1. good
2. it does matter both have graphic overlays that cause the bot to crash.
3. good leads me to 4.
4. you need to install microsoft security esentials (per setup guide)
5. good
6. yes skipping steps could be because it couldnt get to the correct spot. if the quest hangs up in a section for any reason after a certain amount of time it moves on to hte next step eventually going full circle starting over at the start. also could be lag related npcs not loading in fast enough for the delay in the profiles.

7.good
8. BAD very BAD. it states clearly in the install setup guide to NOT install it in any WINDOWS sub folder INCLUDING desktop. Install it to C:\minion per the set up guide.
9. C: drive is good but get the bot off desktop.
10. Team viewer quick share button causes crashes in the game/bot as well. If you have this enabled need to disable this feature.

latty put out some high quality leveling questing profiles all the way to shiva he has since pulled them down. But these still work 99%. I am proposing the quality of the profiles you may be using may not be very good. Or something you have installed is interfereing with the bot.

I suggest you start from scratch you have obv missed many steps in the setup guide. I would be willing to bet you missed more. probably missing correct version of .net or other required files. probably not even running the bot as admin.

i am trying to help you fix yoru mistakes, and been trying for several days. you assume you know whats wrong so you close your self off to suppot to fix the issue.

tested a small bit of those profiles you linked and they are working for me. I'm willing to bet something on your end is causing issues.
(01-28-2015, 12:43 AM)Cichard Wrote:  1. good
2. it does matter both have graphic overlays that cause the bot to crash.
3. good leads me to 4.
4. you need to install microsoft security esentials (per setup guide)
5. good
6. yes skipping steps could be because it couldnt get to the correct spot. if the quest hangs up in a section for any reason after a certain amount of time it moves on to hte next step eventually going full circle starting over at the start. also could be lag related npcs not loading in fast enough for the delay in the profiles.

7.good
8. BAD very BAD. it states clearly in the install setup guide to NOT install it in any WINDOWS sub folder INCLUDING desktop. Install it to C:\minion per the set up guide.
9. C: drive is good but get the bot off desktop.
10. Team viewer quick share button causes crashes in the game/bot as well. If you have this enabled need to disable this feature.

latty put out some high quality leveling questing profiles all the way to shiva he has since pulled them down. But these still work 99%. I am proposing the quality of the profiles you may be using may not be very good. Or something you have installed is interfereing with the bot.

I suggest you start from scratch you have obv missed many steps in the setup guide. I would be willing to bet you missed more. probably missing correct version of .net or other required files. probably not even running the bot as admin.

i am trying to help you fix yoru mistakes, and been trying for several days. you assume you know whats wrong so you close your self off to suppot to fix the issue.

tested a small bit of those profiles you linked and they are working for me. I'm willing to bet something on your end is causing issues.

Sorry, i've been very busy lately and it has made me frustrated easily at times. I'll do a clean-wipe and redo the setup guide. Also, I do have teamspeak/teamviewer but they never are enabled when the bot is running Cutesmile.

The Microsoft Essentials thing i'll go back and look at. I didn't install that on two of my PCs and everything ran fine pre-2.5. Hence why it wasn't a factor in my troubleshooting. Awkward

Thanks ThumbsUp
Same problem here, when i attach the bot, or when i change zone i get randomly a crash. Something arround 10/20%.
So I double checked the Install Guide (which, btw, is not stickied for some mad reason)?

The thing about microsoft security essentials is that it is an Antivirus. Why would an anti-virus be a requirement for Minion to work properly? That sounds pretty absurd, not trying to bash anyone i'm just saying that we need clarification on that one.

Quote:Windows 7 users need to have ONLY Microsoft Security Essentials - Antivirus installed.

Meaning that you shouldn't use any other Antivirus other THAN MSE. I do not currently have an "Active" anti-virus as it is more of a headache than anything currently. So it isn't that you MUST have MSE, but that you shouldn't have anything else except MSE. That's how that portion reads anyways so of course I don't have it :)! Unless you're using some function somewhere to hide Minion using MSE that we need clarification on!

As for everything else I'll go through and redo the bot again in a fresh directory off the desktop into my C: drive somewhere, and i'll insure that no GUI overlays like Nvidia Experience, ATI nonsense, etc are disabled or uninstalled. Pretty that that one of my notoriously unhappy PC's with Minion had installed an ATI interface of some stupid kind recently :o!

I'll update with more troubleshooting news later,
Cheers :o!
Right so, I have everything installed just as the guide (Minion on C:, etc) and after the 2.5 update I am actually crashing the same way Noktam is crashing, whenever I decide to teleport to some place it crashed. I have also tried to disable meshload and it doesnt crash if I do that (and yes I have redownloaded all the meshes cuz I installed everything from 0 again).

Keep in mind that it is only with the characters that I have set with the 2FA, and yes I am not attaching it at the character selection screen I am actually attaching it when I am inside the game. Also when I load my other ones that its done using the automatic login, etc cuz I havent set a 2FA on them they never crash.

So any idea?

Edit: spelling
Try deleting all your huggghjnkkuufedg.cfg files make sure not to use autlogin on the codes you use the attach bot button. Also try deleting your nx2 files in nave folder then manually go to each zone with out bot enabled and let it load each mesh again.
Interestingly enough their crashing description matches mine when i use the GUI_Launcher. It will crash/close an instance of the game and relaunch it shortly after. It does this so much i had to go back to manually setting up my toons and attaching each one :/.

Tried getting a fresh install again, doesn't seem to have helped :c