Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Frontlines - Slaughter
You can't, it's just something you have to deal with lol. Try going as a ranged, theres usually enough people up top that if someone runs, your char will overextend and just get wiped out before running off into the sunset.
(04-14-2015, 03:49 AM)BlessingsXI Wrote:  You can't, it's just something you have to deal with lol. Try going as a ranged, theres usually enough people up top that if someone runs, your char will overextend and just get wiped out before running off into the sunset.

Thanks, you're right, that's probably the best tactic. Has anyone figured out how to get working markers with this new mesh? The bot won't run up the ramps when starting from base, for some reason it stops right in front of the pads and that's it (Maelstorm). I've tried making multiple markers without much navigation success, especially when death happens. Trying to wrap my head around what's going on here.

I guess no one on here really PvP's much :/ oh well, here's waiting for Ace!
Ok so the update it made it so that the bot goes up and fights if you move it forward manually but now there is no connection from the starting zone to the main field and the bot just sits there. Oy, I wish I was better with this stuff.
its a simple process. open mesh manager load this mesh, show triangles, make sure there are yellow triangles connecting your start area to the fighting area. if they are then turn off show triangle then show navmesh. make sure it built the mesh proper. if so its simple as adding an Off mesh connection where the bot will jump down from the top to the bottom. I suggest you read the navmesh tutorial. creating a navmesh is one of the simplest things its basically running around with record on.
(04-16-2015, 04:05 AM)Cichard Wrote:  its a simple process. open mesh manager load this mesh, show triangles, make sure there are yellow triangles connecting your start area to the fighting area. if they are then turn off show triangle then show navmesh. make sure it built the mesh proper. if so its simple as adding an Off mesh connection where the bot will jump down from the top to the bottom. I suggest you read the navmesh tutorial. creating a navmesh is one of the simplest things its basically running around with record on.

Thank you very very much for the explanation Chichard, I've made custom navmeshes for FATES before but never made a triangle jump connection. I'll give it a shot in this next match. I'm using the Frontlines mesh Ace included here.

EDIT: YAY!! I got it working!!! THANK YOU

Ok now I have another issue, 1. after the bot jumps up, it immediately turns around and jumps back down towards the pad (falling to its doom of course). Any idea how to solve that?
And now 2. the bot does not seem to dodge aoes for some reason even though I have avoidance ticked, it does it in PvE though. Hmm.

EDIT2: Recommendation or suggestion, which I'm not sure is possible, but it would be awesome to add the npc nodes as a priority. Also, to incorporate that new random movement from pve into pvp would probably help bot realism. Just a couple ideas.

EDIT3: SOLVED! I deleted the area around the jump pad and viola, no more issues. Still not dodging aoes very well and runs in blindly sometimes but oh well, it functions.
If its not too much to ask dgcool but which GC are you running for? I'm experiencing the same jump pad issue so I was wondering if you could post your mesh.
(04-21-2015, 07:41 PM)ItsEdvard Wrote:  If its not too much to ask dgcool but which GC are you running for? I'm experiencing the same jump pad issue so I was wondering if you could post your mesh.

Maelstrom, but really it's easy, and the only fix I've found is to delete the navmesh around the middle jump pad. Just go to Advanced Settings > MeshManager > Click ShowNavMesh and Triangles > Step over near the pad as close as possible > Edit Mesh > Change Type (Delete) > Save NavMesh when finished.

I have a single marker a little ways away from the ramp towards the center of the upper area and the bot will run up the ramp (once that middle jump pad spot is deleted) and then begin to fight. I recommend NOT completely afk pvping because the bot is pretty clumsy when it comes to pvp and you will get called out frequently (I have it running on a second monitor).

That said any ideas when/if the new PvP module will be ready? Having watched the bot alot in pvp now I feel that I can contribute with recommendations/bug fixes/or even beta testing.
Sorry for lack of updates, still working on this. The prototype I have works, but there's some small things I'm unhappy with only because I'm being very picky about it being much safer than standard coding, and I'm trying to envision scenarios that "could" happen, which represents a pretty large range of possibilities for such large-scale PvP.

I will probably probably package it up as an Addon for now, to allow beta testers, and then roll it up into the main bot once it passes muster.

Edit: Also, if anybody could tell me the x,y,z position of the center of the spawning area for Immortal Flames and Twin Adder, this would be very helpful. This information can be found in the Dev, under PlayerInfo (make sure to press the button to turn it on). I need the position as close to the center as possible for the little circular respawn area.
(04-23-2015, 03:14 PM)Ace Wrote:  Sorry for lack of updates, still working on this. The prototype I have works, but there's some small things I'm unhappy with only because I'm being very picky about it being much safer than standard coding, and I'm trying to envision scenarios that "could" happen, which represents a pretty large range of possibilities for such large-scale PvP.

I will probably probably package it up as an Addon for now, to allow beta testers, and then roll it up into the main bot once it passes muster.

Edit: Also, if anybody could tell me the x,y,z position of the center of the spawning area for Immortal Flames and Twin Adder, this would be very helpful. This information can be found in the Dev, under PlayerInfo (make sure to press the button to turn it on). I need the position as close to the center as possible for the little circular respawn area.

Hurray, counting the days! Sadly I am Maelstrom so I can not help, but hopefully someone here takes a few minutes to get you that data if they want their faction to work with pvp!
358.15, 20, 206.65; 358, 12, 209.

Immortal flames
first set is on top of platform, second on ground underneath