Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
crazy gather behavior
Facebook 
I'm running Windows 10 build 10122 so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm using compatible attach mode and running minion as admin. I tried both release and beta versions of minion. I've been getting a lot of crashing (of ffxiv) when starting up. Not sure why. I keep telling people I dc'd :) Also when I stop the bot from the minion app it immediately quits ffxiv, like it instantly closes. Is that by design?

Also I'm getting some strange behavior like the bot all of a sudden won't do anything when I disable it then re-enable it, so I have to reboot (when it was working ok before). Or when I try to create a new gathering location and click on the marker pull down nothing is there (yes i tried reloading). Apart from these anomalies the program runs flawlessly when it's not having these issues. Wonder what it could be?

Since I've switched to the beta version I'm not getting the issue where ffxiv would freeze for like 30 seconds when attaching, that is gone. But the issue where markers aren't showing up is new since running the beta. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there.

Also since i installed the beta it seems it removed the release version i had installed. I was hoping to copy my crafting .lua's over, but I think it's gone now. The old install path was not a folder I can remember. I think it was under appdata somewhere.

Also I added idle markers for after gathering as suggested, and while it worked initially, eventually it stopped. It would show the idle marker in the gather window but it didn't teleport me there. I feel these are all related somehow.

Side note: once I've added a list of locations, is there a way to save it then load it back later? is that one of the profiles? If there's a link I should look at please let me know.

Regardless I love this software, and just renewed my key after my 2 day trial :) Funny, now i have this software I can easily see others that are running it too, but I don't know what to say. Would be cool to have some sort of code-word we could use between each other in game :)

Anyway, I hope you all had a good memorial day weekend! peace out and thanks for your help as always...ThumbsUp

-jet
We don't support Windows 10, but closing the client is by design when stopping the bot.

Not sure what you're talking about with release and beta.

There's no such thing as idle markers. There are idle locations, but there are no markers used in that regard.

The install location is basically wherever you run the updater from, nothing really strange to remember there.

You should probably re-watch Sebbs' video guide because I feel like your setup has gone awry.
make sure you are not running taskmanager addon. if so try removing that first and see if any odd behavior stops. Its knowns to cause issues with different modes.
[Image: f928b9b9b8.png]

The idle marker i use in town does nothing it is just a waypoint.

Also keep in mind this is not my current setup but an old file i pulled to show you the save location only.
Thanks for your replies, you guys are awesome!

By beta I guess I mean the beta launcher (at least I think it is). in my CP it gave this link to download and thats what I initially installed: FFXIV_Updater.rar

but in one of the forums I saw a link to MINIONAPP.zip and thats the one I have installed now. And I chose which folder to install it to (just unzipped it there).
ok so I took a screenshot. This is after reloading the Lua's.
You can see I added a mining Marker and i'm currently in south shroud.
I'm trying to add a new location for the marker 'quarrymill ice shards' and you see it's not in the pull down list of marker names. Only the unspoiled ones I created show up.
watching the video it seems it should be there.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You added a mining marker, you need to change the type to Unspoiled Marker.
Ok, I guess that's where I had a misunderstanding. I thought since it was a regular node I had to add it that way. It works now thanks very much! Also I installed an update this morning and i'm not having the crashes/crazy behavior anymore :)
Good to hear. :)