Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
FFXIV Freezing in Background WIN10
After upgrading to Windows 10 I've noticed that FFXIV freezes up when it's in windowed mode and running in the background (will randomly freeze for 5-15 seconds after I switch back to the screen).

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix?
You have the frame limiter on when in background in the ffxiv system config?
No, the "Limit frame rate when client is inactive" is not checked. Should it be?
No it shoudlnt
(08-20-2015, 07:15 PM)Powder Wrote:  No it shoudlnt

Ahh k thanks for the suggestion anywyays. Looks like this isn't an MMOminion issue, happens even when minion isn't attached.

Sigh.. I should have never upgraded to WIN10 Complaint

Maybe I'll ask on the FFXIV support forums, but in the meantime, if anyone else has experienced the same issue and has a fix for it - please let me know! Expect
maybe a video driver issue?
(08-20-2015, 08:26 PM)Powder Wrote:  maybe a video driver issue?

I had some driver issues after the upgrade. But reinstalled all my drivers (chipset, sound, and video) for Win10.

P.s. Why does AMD make me use the stupid Catalyst suite and AMD Gaming evolved suite just to install video drivers?Devil

I'm using:
Powercolor AMD Radeon HD7950 850MHZ 3GB 1250MHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI Mini-DP PCI-E DX11 Video Card
(08-21-2015, 06:25 AM)fxfire Wrote:  This definitly smells like video driver issue...check if the AMD driver comes with the usual bloatware shit that may interfear with your gfx stuff

Yes I think it may have been some overlay, even though I disabled overlay. I just closed the bloatware program and it seems to have fixed it for now.

Thanks!