Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
quetion on multiple FF accounts and bots
(10-24-2015, 02:34 PM)Cichard Wrote:  
(10-24-2015, 10:48 AM)brocklesnar Wrote:  Me? Said I avoided using liquid cooling, use aircooling myself, also why have to double check to see if pc is turned off, since I make more sound then the pc

right you said you avoided liquid cooling because you wanted a silent pc... i was asking how liquid cooling prevents you from having a silent pc?

ah read it the wrong way, you can never shut down noise with liquid cooling completely, like pumps will Always have a noise level.
where about do you put all the fans, just anywhere they fit or are there specific places you should place htem??
(10-24-2015, 02:39 PM)brocklesnar Wrote:  
(10-24-2015, 02:34 PM)Cichard Wrote:  
(10-24-2015, 10:48 AM)brocklesnar Wrote:  Me? Said I avoided using liquid cooling, use aircooling myself, also why have to double check to see if pc is turned off, since I make more sound then the pc

right you said you avoided liquid cooling because you wanted a silent pc... i was asking how liquid cooling prevents you from having a silent pc?

ah read it the wrong way, you can never shut down noise with liquid cooling completely, like pumps will Always have a noise level.

the noise from my pump is almost unnoticable, its 100% quieter then any fan.

(10-24-2015, 02:57 PM)eldertale Wrote:  where about do you put all the fans, just anywhere they fit or are there specific places you should place htem??

i have 2 200mm fans in the front of my case, then 2 120mm fans on hte base of my case drawing in cold air from the bottom, then 1 140mm fan near the top back of the case pusing out hot air, then 4 120mm fans doing a push pull through the radiator of my water cooling system.
sounds complicated loooool! ergh i was hoping i could get away with a cool cpu fan cooler and be done with it!
thanks for that tho it will come in handy when im making my setup
(10-25-2015, 01:04 AM)eldertale Wrote:  sounds complicated loooool! ergh i was hoping i could get away with a cool cpu fan cooler and be done with it!
thanks for that tho it will come in handy when im making my setup

You do realize that companies make liquid cooling that is not much different than installing a regular CPU heat sink?

There is no pump sound either. Radiator fan might be slightly noisy but it is much less so since it is far more efficient with the fluid.
no i know the liquid cooling one there are cpu specific ones that are simple, and then there are the full case ones that require alot of attention and maintenance (otherwise water will fry your pc up) but the i've never built a pc so putting in all the extra fans and connecting them seems a bit daunting.

that being said, dyou guys think i can run 4 bots on my current laptop (i have to put off buying the pc for a while unfortunately =( )
i5-2430m, 2.4ghz boost to 3ghz ~ (edit* this give a benchmark score of around 3500)
6gb ram (max of 16 which i will do if recommended)
intel hd graphics 3000 (comes with the i5 i think)

also i now have 2 bots (about to buy 3rd one hopefully my laptop can handle it) how do you get the multibot setup? i clicked on multibot but it didnt do anything ~ link to tutorial if you have that please

super tys =D

also is there anywhere that you can find the general hardware specs you would need for "x" amount of bots to run at the same time, finding this info is really difficult so soz if this isn't the right place
(10-25-2015, 07:32 PM)eldertale Wrote:  no i know the liquid cooling one there are cpu specific ones that are simple, and then there are the full case ones that require alot of attention and maintenance (otherwise water will fry your pc up) but the i've never built a pc so putting in all the extra fans and connecting them seems a bit daunting.

that being said, dyou guys think i can run 4 bots on my current laptop (i have to put off buying the pc for a while unfortunately =( )
i5-2430m, 2.4ghz boost to 3ghz ~ (edit* this give a benchmark score of around 3500)
6gb ram (max of 16 which i will do if recommended)
intel hd graphics 3000 (comes with the i5 i think)

also i now have 2 bots (about to buy 3rd one hopefully my laptop can handle it) how do you get the multibot setup? i clicked on multibot but it didnt do anything ~ link to tutorial if you have that please

super tys =D

also is there anywhere that you can find the general hardware specs you would need for "x" amount of bots to run at the same time, finding this info is really difficult so soz if this isn't the right place
You can probably run it but it will be probably laggy. You can probably figure it out by looking what resources a single or two clients take up. The issue is how stable it will be and if you will crash a lot.

On my PC minimized game usually takes very low CPU (2.5% - 6%) and around 800mb - 1.2gb Ram.

I'm running i7-4770k 3.5Ghz and 12GB RAM.
Config 
you can delete my post. i got it to work but now i have an issue with attaching bot to game. when to a similar post to get some help and made another post there

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Bot-won-...#pid118853
so i have tested with 4 bots, and it just barely makes the cut, if anybody has similar questions the results are below
the different levels of usage are as follows:
cpu: 20% per bot with rendering disabled, and minimised (stays practically the same even when they're open just my fan will turn on as the temp increases a bit, think i might be minimising them incorrectly if that's possible?)
ram: 700mb of ram per bot, fluctuates alot
memory: this was worrying because the memory was on 100% majority of the time
temp: running like crazy, i don't have a way to check it out but was hot and when minimised was fairly cool

and super duper laggy, i would try and use one bot with rendering on and it takes for ever to register, veerry frustrating...........

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I AM NOW ABLE TO BUY MY PC again......... yay!