Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.91 Average
Thunderbolt eel, Pteranodon, Pipira Pira
I did some testing for OMC. Make sure you do not put it too close to the cliff because it will land much closer than the OMC point. Make sure both points are at the "edge" of the mesh. If you want change ridiculous height of OMC travels then it is possible by changing y-value in ffxiv_mesh_mgr.lua (but it will change it for all since default value for all is y-200). The line is:
local minaltitudes = {
[-1] = 200,

Also, does your weather work? There are comas between them which I thought it could not handle. Maybe that is why it is not changing the bait? Last time I tested weather it was not functioning properly even if I made a separate task for each of weather conditions.

Edit: Did you figure out if we could time for non-rounded hours? Having it travel to destination at 8:30 instead of 8:00 would prevent it from burning off patience too quickly. I guess it would be possible to make a close "task" to the destination where the bot will simply idle for a minute or two until the time is just right to start fishing.
true about OMCs, these are a bit tricky, which is why I only put the easy to handle ones in there ;)
Weather seems to work fine here, however still problems with whitelist. Non-rounded hours aren't supported as far as I know. As soon as flying is here, timing won't be that much of an issue anyway...
I updated the profiles in the first post. I took Pteranodon to a separate profile, it just filled my inventory too fast ;) I also added meshes for Dravanian Forelands and Churning Mists that cover just those 3 fish. Whitelist should be working mostly now.
I have been waiting to see what a fishing profile would look like so I could start making my own. Thanks for this! I'm kinda noobish with the coding but I learn fast so I'm trying to start making my own fishing loop for volume gathering easy CUL mats. I added ["usesnagging"] = true; to catch Rock Mussels in the Forelands to the Pipira task for Seafood Stew mats along with a Coerthan Crab task in CWH.

I have a few hopefully easy questions:

Does maxtime work the same as manual gather markers as in it will move to the next task upon reaching maxtime? Say I could have one profile be just pipira maxtime 3000. Second lowpriority task same zone different fishing hole time 200; just enough time to ride to it and fish a couple times to reset fishing hole then back to main task.

Does the ["weathernow"] check for weather only in the current area or can it check the weather even if you're not in that area? Does it TP to the area if it is the current task then check weather then proceed to fish or move to next task? What if I'm not in the area the first task is in when task starts? Do the checks begin after mapID is fulfilled first?

Is there a compilation of mapIDs for minion I could use as a reference? I could dig through a hundred scripts myself and work it out but that would take a while and I'm sure someone has it somewhere.

Thanks for any help provided. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with. Hopefully I can come up with a decent profile or two to share.
dunno about maxtime, would have to ask Ace aout that, but I guess it's the same as with gathering. Weather is checked for the map that is in the task, anything else wouldn't make sense ;) It fully teleports to the task area.
added a Tupuxuara profile
I think Thunderbolt Eel would catch better if you mooch it off Blueclaw Shrimp.

By the way what collectability rating do you use for Pteranodon to get Seaborne Aethersand?
I thought the buyable ones are always better ;) Angler site says over 30%, all other only have ~8% http://en.ff14angler.com/?spot=0&fish=43...cmd=search
why when i am in tailfeather does it try to go back to limsa lower decks? and stands there and does nothing for redscrip profile?
(10-22-2015, 05:44 PM)SpankAss Wrote:  why when i am in tailfeather does it try to go back to limsa lower decks? and stands there and does nothing for redscrip profile?

because I chose Limsa as idle location... there's probably no time/weather for any of the tasks