Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
Question RE: Quest Profile Scripts
This is a question regarding writing Questing Profile scripts, NOT about how to use the Quest Manager.

Is it possible to use the following argument in a quest profile script?

Code:
            ["condition"] = {
                ["ItemCount(5444) < 3"] = true;
            };
            ["complete"] = {
                ["ItemCount(5444) <= 3"] = false;
            };

(For Sebbs: the above argument DOES work in gathering profiles and performs exactly as I intended -- I tried it while testing my ultimate gathering profile today -- no issues whatsoever).

Have two reasons for asking.

1. This would be key to "gathering" drops, similar to how gathering profiles function.

2. There's an NPC in Mor Dhona who exchanges four types of unspoiled node items for Cordials. Trading several hundred of each is a royal pain in the butt. If the above argument is useable in a quest script it would be a very handy little profile. (And, yes, I realize I have to change the greater than/equal to to less than.)

Thank you in advance!!!
This: ["ItemCount(5444) <= 3"] = false
Is the same as this: ["ItemCount(5444) > 3"] = true

So, basically saying start if you have less than 3 (["ItemCount(5444) < 3"] = true) and stop if you have more than 3 (["ItemCount(5444) > 3"] = true), which will work, but from a logic perspective, you've left out what to do if it equals 3.
My proposed change below is like saying start if you have less than 3 and stop if you have 3 or more.

Code:
            ["condition"] = {
                ["ItemCount(5444) < 3"] = true;
            };
            ["complete"] = {
                ["ItemCount(5444) <= 3"] = false; -- change this to ["ItemCount(5444) >= 3"] = true;
            };
We don't have the API to do the shop exchange vendors, only regular purchases.