Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
crashes a lot while zoning
Bump, please help me. I've reinstalled everything and still exists
I went through and uninstalled it as well as used the avg remover I am now running nothing and still having problems actually here look at this its pretty funny lol

I spent all day on tuesday reinstalling windows i did a complete nuke and pave. I had only the game and mmominion up let it run for a while and it started doing the same exact thing. I had all my other files on my secondary hdd and left it unplugged this is what happens with a completely new install after a few teleports

http://imgur.com/30qd2lA

[Image: 30qd2lA]
I have to chime in on this as well. I know exactly what OP is speaking of.

I would have to agree RAM is not the issue as I think Sebbs said 32 bit & 2 gig.

I'm running Windows 10 on both my ASUS ROG laptop and a custom built i7 4790K with 2x R9 290s. Yes we all know the 290s have had their issues however given that it occurs on both platforms and the Laptop has Nvidia 860 card I postulate it not being a graphics issue. None of my hardware is overclocked even the desktop graphics have been turned down a smidge.

It does primarily happen in HW zones. Mostly Azys La and CWH for me. During teleporting or upon arriving at a hunt. I would argue the mass gathering of people are causing the issue as they are not in combat at the time. Having dealt with this issue for so long I believe it is a minion app mesh problem. I wish I knew more about the exact functionality of the software but I don't.

What I do know is the criteria for the crashes are the same: teleporting into out of HW zones. CPU is maxed to 100% at time of crash. Sometimes ctrl+alt+delete will reset the program in time to save it from crashing. If it is graphics related then could it potentially be related to the way in which the graphics drivers of ALL manufacturers, Directx11 and the minion app are communicating?

If you would like more specific information let me know what and I'll do my best to provide you with the information.
OOOO this is my case
Same CPU i7 920Q and old GPU AMD M5580
Almost every zoning results in freezing or crashing
Can play only when staying in zone (but it also fails when too long)
My best guess old specs cant meet reqs from minion
But it is not comfortable
Pitty it is not downgradable to old gear
ANyone with this issue, can you you please post what video card you are using?
Mobile devices, :) cant go to Nvidia
Can only throw away lap
An yes I think it is AMD related
It's not specifically AMD related. I'm running the NVIDIA 860M which is a tad older than the 900s but better than the 940s you see in some gaming laptops atm. I don't run any additional software etc.
Had this happen last night in Mor Dhona (the yellow effects). I'm on Win10 in compatibility mode, no antivirus. Do have AMD. Will post drivers when I get downstairs, I know I just updated them to the latest version since I just did my Win10 upgrade last week.
Well, I think I solved it via changing graphics setting from 'Highest' to 'Regular (laptop PC)'
o.O??
Testing it though...

nevermind. crashed again.
(12-13-2015, 05:46 PM)PixiKel Wrote:  I'm on Win10 in compatibility mode, no antivirus.

Compatibility mode is the bot attach mode or you are running the exe in windows compatibility mode?