Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
crashes a lot while zoning
fxfire... <3 ;; the yellow is coming back again after the last couple of updates. I did not want to revive this old thread but it looks like someone has already done so. I will give information as soon as I can either in this thread or a new one. :((((
I don't know if this matters - but I did a clean install of Windows with, at the time - latest and greatest drivers from ATI

I will poke around my ATI settings to see what I can disable

Mcdougall - what are you running for your GPU?
Alright here we go so after two hours of playing and about 3-4 dungeons the bot memory is using about 1248 MB and things are starting to disapear just as before. As well as starting to get the yellow overlay textures everywhere. This has just started happening after the last couple of updates. This is an old thread I am aware but the same issues are happening again and.. for sciennce I just teleported to a new area and the bot crashed after restarting it sits at 440 mb until i start switching zones.
(04-10-2016, 12:04 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  I don't know if this matters - but I did a clean install of Windows with, at the time - latest and greatest drivers from ATI

Radeon R9 200
(04-10-2016, 02:35 AM)Mcdougall Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 12:04 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  I don't know if this matters - but I did a clean install of Windows with, at the time - latest and greatest drivers from ATI

Radeon R9 200

I'm rocking R9-280 myself. Commonality located.
(04-10-2016, 03:22 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 02:35 AM)Mcdougall Wrote:  

Radeon R9 200

I'm rocking R9-280 myself. Commonality located.

That's interesting mine is the XFX R9 270 925MHz 2GB DDR5 DP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Card R9270ACNFC to be exact I'm still not sure why it would be eating up ram like that though
I had a Radeon HD 5870 since i started using Minion until now, never seen the yellow thingies.
Now my former card is broken so im using a ATI Radeon R9 380 and im having this Yellow crashes all the time just by having Minion attached to the client Complaint
(04-11-2016, 06:17 AM)fxfire Wrote:  So it is a "new ATI GPU card " bug only .... well that's bad, beacuse noone of us has ATI... and in the end, I bet it is a driver problem with the newer cards... question is, what is the cause of it .... usually ati also comes with some tool to customize the graphic stuff in windows, doesn't it ? please try to play around with the settings !!

Is not one of the "newest" ones... i think its from 2014... im testing with normal and beta drivers, still nothing, ill keep testing stuff

One thing that "might" lead to something or not, when it crashes and screen holds like "paused" i still can hear sounds in the background as if the bot still keeps doing its job but card cant show it on screen, i use task manager and on minionapp i right click and click debug, then screen works again, it still eats lot of memory but gives me the screen back.

Not sure if this can help and/or how but i thought was worth to post it
FWIW - I had installed an older Catalyst Control Center driver suite (14.3?) a few months ago and the issue was occurring then as well as now where I am running the new Crimson drivers 16.3.2

Are there any logs - information that I can pull from my machine/bot that might be helpful?
This is not a new card only issue. I have a radeon 5870 and this is happening to me and has been for months. I just deal with it and restart the client. Id like to help and contribute but I dont really know what data to collect here. All I can say is it happens when zoning and it requires maybe 6-8 times of zoning and even then its not consistent.