Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
[Request} Favor - Gathering
Oh some of us have been waiting as well. Have a few hundred red gathering scrip just waiting ,over several of my minions DoL minions.
Yep my money is waiting for a profile .

Home to use it soon ^^
I believe on minnion team , and Sebbs to do it, but i think it's hard.

(01-15-2016, 06:47 PM)Underwhelp Wrote:  Oh some of us have been waiting as well. Have a few hundred red gathering scrip just waiting ,over several of my minions DoL minions.
same hope here:) DO FAVORS!
I, too, have a stack of red scrips to invest in favors. I gathered mats to make the botanist tool but my hand was wrecked by repetitive clicking. This is the sort of thing I will gladly pay for.
I'm just using RebornBuddy and MMOMinion together. With Minion too many things are gated behind either investing a lot of time struggling to code your own profile (which is still lacking in functionality), or just paying someone for their profile (and even then there's not a whole lot in the store). RB has a huge variety of free profiles I can use for pretty much anything, even if the underlying bot itself isn't as good. Which is sad, because I wish I could just use Minion as it's far more reliable, but it just can't do as much. If there was a Minion equivalent of Lisbeth for RB I'd be so fucking happy, since Minion is way better for crafting.

But yeah, it just feels like most people who use Minion don't actually play the game, if favor gathering and furymints seriously haven't been a big request until recently. They're massive sources of money, and their importance should have been known of a long time ago.
They do know about these things but with limited developers, Primarily Ace working on the upgrades, it has limited expansions on new functions.

Lisbeth stuff would need someone to develop it.

Ace is slowly converting and upgrading older modes to support profiles so that people can make there own profiles similar to that.
That's good to hear, I probably need to stop being lazy and try making my own profiles for things anyway. I've just been really torn though, because while RB does do more things as far as gathering compared to Minion right now, whenever RB breaks or gets stuck it's just because it's a piece of shit. Whereas if Minion ever breaks or gets stuck, 99% of the time it was my fault and I just need to change a setting to fix it. Maybe I'm just in a minority of Minion users where gathering is the most important thing I need the bot for, but I hope to see support for gathering expanded.
I dont use RB so you will need to tell me what they do in gathering minion doesnt.
A few things off the top of my head,

Favor Gathering: It will look at the favors you have in your inventory, go out to that zone, use the favor and then start depleting level 60 nodes. There's two that are popular for RB, the better of which will touch 2 nodes from different node sets (just open them and then close them, without gathering anything) to reset the nodes in that area before popping a favor so it's slightly faster at gathering the items. The optimal solution would be the bot harvesting 4 nodes down so there's only 1 gather left in each of those 4 nodes before popping the favor so it'll deplete nodes slightly faster, but that would be hard to setup I'd imagine.

Realistically as long as the bot is looking at what favor items you have in your inventory, teleporting to the correct map, and popping the correct favors after arriving at a location near the level 60 nodes in that area, it's more than good enough. Bonus points if it can not die to mobs in those areas. Ratel's and Crawler's in the Hinterlands are especially annoying here, and will kill you a lot if you're using RB.

Ephemeral Nodes: There's basic support for this with your gathering add-on, although it's not setup optimally. With the profile I use in RB, it just opens 2 nodes from different node sets without gathering anything, and then goes over to the Ephemeral Node since that's the only requirement (besides the time) for it to spawn. I see you added Furymint recently, so that's good and is hugely needed for Drac pots that sell incredibly well right now since it's 2 Furymint's per pot.

Unspoiled Nodes: This I probably just need to look into more, since I just now saw the "timeout" option for gathering profiles which I assume can be used to setup patrols for some of the nodes that are more spread out. If your add-on supported swapping between BTN and MIN it'd be nice though, since I could easily tell the bot to go grab unspoiled nodes and Furymint. Also for blue/red scrips, I'm not sure if this is already possible but RB can turn-in your collectible items for you.

A Lisbeth-like Add-on: This would really kill my reliance on RB, but it would be a fuck-load of work and this is something I definitely would not mind paying for. It's similar to the current Minion crafting log system, except it'll go out and gather what you need as well as craft it. Unfortunately the crafting part of Lisbeth is pretty shit, and it can't really be customized except for very simplistic macro's that actually aren't as good as in-game macro's since in-game macro's can be tricked to use Precise Touch instead of Basic Touch. So if Minion could do this while using the crafting profiles I made I'd be incredibly fucking happy. It'd also require more work, but Lisbeth can't go after unspoiled node items, and will only go after items dropped from monsters with another add-on purchase, so if that was added as well, I'd buy two extra Minion keys for my other accounts.
Favors wont take to much to add really but will behave the same as current ephemeral nodes in my profile.

your unspoiled nodes actually has no information on anything that cant be done farming. Powder would need to look into collectable turnins.

All i can say about lisbeth is ace and i have discussed something like that but not into the planning stage.

as for class swaps....