Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Random FPS/texture issues
After the last update my bot no longer starts up at 1200 mb it is now sitting in the 800's and has been on for a few minutes. Sadly I do not have time to test it out but i'll check to see how it does later.
I have been playing 3 hours and it seems to be running flawlessly as far as texture/fps issues are concerned. I am now having another issue non-related but I'll play around with it for a while and try figure out. It seems skills are firing slow and I am not sure why maybe its a profile issue although its happening on multiple profiles both personal and from downloads forum. Anyways my issue is fixed with fps/texture so far. Thank you for all your hard work!
(03-05-2016, 07:19 AM)fxfire Wrote:  thank gaaawd this is fixed.

the skills...well they are still being worked on :)

as of last night id say around 10pm est i ran all night only one crash and only textures i lost was chocobo went invisble def seems better no yellow textures it def seem to be an amd thing to i use

Cpu: Fx-6300 black
Gpu: 7950oc/boost
Ram: 16gigs gskillz DDR 1600
HD: i run ffxiv on a 240gig ssd and have os on a 1TB WD blue 7200rpm
Audio: Audigy 2zs Platinum pro pci

ill test some more today and report back
(03-06-2016, 05:29 PM)ajf64 Wrote:  

as of last night id say around 10pm est i ran all night only one crash and only textures i lost was chocobo went invisble def seems better no yellow textures it def seem to be an amd thing to i use

Look about 5 post up if you haven't already done so turn on your lod streaming
(03-07-2016, 02:57 AM)Mcdougall Wrote:  
(03-06-2016, 05:29 PM)ajf64 Wrote:  

Look about 5 post up if you haven't already done so turn on your lod streaming

i know that but that degrades quality for me i was just posting an update lod streaming is not really a fix its a work around
Still have this issue - seems to happen after zoning/teleporting, particularly to places like Idyllshire where there are a lot of people running around. Textures go yellow, have artifacting, slowdowns, eventual crash of client. 

Card: AMD Gigabyte R9 280x
Drivers: Catalyst 15.8 (rolled back from the newest beta - they were even worse)
Windows 10 (how I hate you windows 10)
Antivirus - AVG - but have tried without any antivirus and it makes no difference
No raptr/fraps/mumble

Have tried turning LOD streaming on, low texture models at distance - doesn't prevent the problem from developing after a couple of hours of play - more frequent teleporting causes this to happen quicker. 
Have lowered the memory clock on my card from 1500mhz to 1475 as per some things I saw on toms hardware regarding these cards shipping intentionally overclocked to make them seem like better cards...did not fix the problem. 

I can send more system information if necessary!
(03-15-2016, 07:37 AM)fxfire Wrote:  I am working on something which will reduce the memory used by the "cube mesh" by at least 85%. Not that I think this is the cause of the problem, but maybe it will help. I need still a few more days for that ...kinda hairy to make old stuff run with new stuff ^^

cool man sounds great i can confirm the same as the poster above i have a r9 390 i can also confirm that do ctrl alt delete and brining up task manger will purge the memory and kinda fix this for a while until it fills up again seems about 1.3 gigs is about the max it will use i once i open the task manger it falls down to about 1150 -1200