Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Random FPS/texture issues
After the update that i did today there is a improvement from last night... but its still messing up... I was able to zone about 10 times before it happened.

(03-01-2016, 07:47 PM)Ace Wrote:  You guys should really stop using the word "memory leak" unless you understand what it is.
It's about as accurate as saying that the flux capacitor on your car is causing the headlight fluid to leak.

Ok I won't call it a memory leak its more like ffxiv works perfectly for hours without the bot. When the bot is attached ffxiv starts eating up huge resources under memory tab and eventually crashes. At the time of writing this bot has been open for 3 hours and is using about 1727.8 MB of memory but when first started it starts at less than 1200 MB and progressively eats up more and more. There is no way of making it release the memory that it stores without a crash or a shutdown of the bot in its entirety. FXFIRE addressed the issue a long time ago here http://www.mmominion.com/thread-14837-page-8.html and after the patches that were pushed through the problem never really went away but it made it at least playable for several zones and hours. Now if you want to use even the assist bot you have to reboot the game everytime you enter a dungeon or at least by the second or third time you zone.

Since you like to use car analogies its like if you turn your car on and it warms up it dies. It could be a ton of different problems but since the mechanic told you what it was last time you figure its the same this time. It could be anything from poor fuel presure to a bad ignition coil.

I love the bot and have been using it for a very long time. But this problem has been persistent for about a 6 months now and the only thing people say is we all have bad gfx cards. Its not my gfx card and fxfire if you want to teamviewer with me so you can see the shit im talking about and maybe address it let me know. Maybe you can figure something out that tons of other people are having problems with.
Ok,

I have been having this issue as well ever since I upgraded (fresh install on wiped SSD Hard Drive) to Windows 10 just a little over a week ago.  I have been hesitant to post because once one of the higher ups make a comment to the effect of "well, I have Minion running my other 40 accounts using my one machine and everything is operating fine", just to make you go away.  Then I thought, wait, I'm the customer and paid for this thing and now there are others who are having the same issue as I am.  So, here goes.......

I'm having the same texture issues as the others and it gets resolved by turning off mmominion.  This texture issue can occur after hours of running the client or just minutes.  Default is the attach method.

What OS are you running?  Windows 10
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) none
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) have tried two different paths using a complete re-download each time C:\MINIONAPP and to the Desktop
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? none
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? Caytalist Control Center, splashtop, discord
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE   Yes
* Are you running the bot as admin?  No
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?  Have tried both
*Are you running any Bot addons?  none

I have include two links below for you to review all of my system information and I have also included a video showing that once you turn minion off-- the texture issues go away.

Thank you for your time!!

Link to my system information (screenshots of various) : http://imgur.com/a/dLg7G

Link to video: https://youtu.be/zyq8R0akRzg
(03-02-2016, 02:27 AM)Prez Wrote:  Ok,

I have been having this issue as well ever since I upgraded (fresh install on wiped SSD Hard Drive) to Windows 10 just a little over a week ago.  I have been hesitant to post because once one of the higher ups make a comment to the effect of "well, I have Minion running my other 40 accounts using my one machine and everything is operating fine", just to make you go away.  Then I thought, wait, I'm the customer and paid for this thing and now there are others who are having the same issue as I am.  So, here goes.......

I'm having the same texture issues as the others and it gets resolved by turning off mmominion.  This texture issue can occur after hours of running the client or just minutes.  Default is the attach method.

What OS are you running?  Windows 10
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) none
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) have tried two different paths using a complete re-download each time C:\MINIONAPP and to the Desktop
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? none
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? Caytalist Control Center, splashtop, discord
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE   Yes
* Are you running the bot as admin?  No
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?  Have tried both
*Are you running any Bot addons?  none

I have include two links below for you to review all of my system information and I have also included a video showing that once you turn minion off-- the texture issues go away.

Thank you for your time!!

Link to my system information (screenshots of various) : http://imgur.com/a/dLg7G

Link to video: https://youtu.be/zyq8R0akRzg

well said i have the exact same issue as you have had it since i came back ffxiv about 2 months ago just like u say it only happens when minion is attacked
(03-03-2016, 07:57 AM)fxfire Wrote:  I am still reading this ...don't think we are not reacting... but I'm just not sure where the bug could be , or if it maybe is even something else...some software on your computer or driver issues...

Could you please monitor your memory and tell me if the memory goes up while you are in the same zone/map and just use the bot (which mode?) or if it may come from switching zones ?

I know I've had the texture issue for quiet some time (Posted here before asking about it, my screenshots listed in OP) it's a pain yeah having it crash after awhile but its not stopping me using the bot. I've used this bot for a very, very long time. I recall having similar issues way back with the same hardware when using the bot early on when it was just out. Then it was only missing textures here and there. I can't even say it is a bot issue tbh, It may just be a GPU/driver issue. I used a AMD 7950 with FX8350 and had these issues way back. Upgraded my card and sat that one aside and never had that issue again and still don't om my system. Put that card back in a new pc with the same CPU for my girlfriends PC and it was back but much much worse.

I'll do some testing with it. Trying some things atm to see if it stops it. And as for when it mainly starts, I find that it really starts to do it when loading into a new zone after it starts running bad. Most the time when its just running in one zone it will just start with the choco not rendering. I have many screens of this issue from way back on release of this bot.
I think the problems just become worse over the time ending with a lot of yellow textures which I never had before. The screenshots I took in the link in OP took me all of 5min of the bot running and moving to zones to produce but it's always different...

As much as I'd love to see a end to this issue it's not something that stops the bot working really and time could probably be better spent doing other work to the bot or having a break from all the time you all put into it(Pretty sure you all deserve that). Worst case is mobs would stop rendering and you'd have to relog or restart tho I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen without the bot but the bot just makes it happen faster and worse. I'm unsure if it's driver issues or what...

Will let you know if I can figure anything out.
(03-03-2016, 07:57 AM)fxfire Wrote:  I am still reading this ...don't think we are not reacting... but I'm just not sure where the bug could be , or if it maybe is even something else...some software on your computer or driver issues...

Could you please monitor your memory and tell me if the memory goes up while you are in the same zone/map and just use the bot (which mode?) or if it may come from switching zones ?

I appreciate the reply fxfire. The mode of the bot doesn't matter actually. The bot doesn't even need to be running for this to happen. Some days I'll use this bot just for the pure auto login feature and nothing else and it will eventually start having issues. Characters will start disappearing and mobs will start going invisible. Dungeons or places will turn yellow little pieces at a time then totally yellow right before a crash. At random intervals fps will take huge drops and start making my game appear like I'm playing on a terrible computer.

I can stay in one zone for hours with no problem but once I start zoning that's when the problems really begin to act up. 

If this start happening I can manually fix everything by going to the top left and click control and quit then the texture problems go away as well as the fps and rendering problems. Or just rebooting the game if I want to keep the bot attached. 

Also if I quit my memory drops from 1700 down to 1300-1400s MB
[/quote]
The bot doesn't even need to be running for this to happen.
[/quote]

Before someone missreads that and blames my computer again... I mean bot mode is not enabled only attached..
Not home to provide detailed information, but i can let you guys know that after i tried my old fix of turning on [use low-detail models on distant objects] and [cache LOD data only when necessary (LOD Streaming], found here: http://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/accimg/6...a14784.png

This has fixed a large majority of my fps/texture issues. played for several hours and only started to see the same FPS/texture issues after using click-to-teleport to get around. Also, once it gets started. it doesnt go away and slowly gets worse. i can teleport to another zone and it will be consistent. My second bot, used to gather w/o teleport hack, was on longer and never experienced any fps/texture issues after making those in-game changes. Hopefully this information helps. i'll do more testing when i get home.
(03-03-2016, 05:52 PM)penguinhire Wrote:  Not home to provide detailed information, but i can let you guys know that after i tried my old fix of turning on [use low-detail models on distant objects] and [cache LOD data only when necessary (LOD Streaming], found here: http://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/accimg/6...a14784.png

This has fixed a large majority of my fps/texture issues. played for several hours and only started to see the same FPS/texture issues after using click-to-teleport to get around. Also, once it gets started. it doesnt go away and slowly gets worse. i can teleport to another zone and it will be consistent. My second bot, used to gather w/o teleport hack, was on longer and never experienced any fps/texture issues after making those in-game changes. Hopefully this information helps. i'll do more testing when i get home.

I also suggest doing this, Had been testing this since I commented here last night and didn't have any issues. Unless that memory leek has been around for month I don't think it would be the main cause of the issue I've been having at least and the few others that I know of having the same issue before the recent ones.
Btw you only need to turn on "Cahce LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming)" to help with majority of the issues its weird but it's worked for everyone with texture issues.
(03-03-2016, 08:38 PM)JWD1994 Wrote:  
(03-03-2016, 05:52 PM)penguinhire Wrote:  Not home to provide detailed information, but i can let you guys know that after i tried my old fix of turning on [use low-detail models on distant objects] and [cache LOD data only when necessary (LOD Streaming], found here: http://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/accimg/6...a14784.png

I also suggest doing this, Had been testing this since I commented here last night and didn't have any issues. Unless that memory leek has been around for month I don't think it would be the main cause of the issue I've been having at least and the few others that I know of having the same issue before the recent ones.
Btw you only need to turn on "Cahce LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming)" to help with majority of the issues its weird but it's worked for everyone with texture issues.

Not working for my flashing UI issue unfortunately D:
i was still having that yellow rendering problem after you guys claimed it was fixed and i guess turning on a setting in the game fixes the issue all together have been running the bot for like 8+hrs no problem as to where before it use to start giving me issue like 30mins-1hr in. and the setting that i enabled was every LOD i could find and then don't forget to restart your game and hopefully this helps. 

[Image: 605fce1919d1c03928b9434a474330f5e3a14784.png]