Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Bot Attaches, UI Doesn't Show?
This started happening today after using FFXIVMinion for nearly three months without a hiccup. There have been no updates to either the game nor the bot, so I'm pretty confused. I've tried completely reinstalling the bot (deleted the bot folder) as well as deleting the preferences folder in AppData.

I've tried hitting a number of hotkeys thinking the UI was simply hidden, but CTRL+B does nothing. Hitting CTRL+L does make the game stutter for a second, suggesting the bot is indeed attached and has reloaded the LUA modules. But I still can't see any of the in-game UI. The game is also running in borderless windowed.

* What OS are you running?
Windows 7 64-Bit

* What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
Microsoft Security Essentials

* Where is the bot installed?(installed path)
C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion (Default)

* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?
No

* Do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed?
Teamspeak only.

* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE
Yes

* Are you running the bot as admin?
Yes

* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?
Using the attach button.

*Are you running any Bot addons?
No.
Also seeing the same issue. Bot launches game but UI doesnt connect then get a Windows "Final Fantasy has stopped working" error or a Final Fantasy bad memory reference crash.

Attempted a reinstall and removed acct. details under C:\users\user\AppData..... and still no joy.

Noticed this was hanging a lot yesterday and crashing out. Was there a FFXIVMinion.dat update in the last day or 2 that might be hanging this?

Using same AV i always have, MINIONAPP folder and all files below it are fully excluded from scans and no Windows Updates since this began (Win10 Pro - 64bit).
Pretty strange i have same problem, never saw that UI didnt show or game was crashed, nothing was changed on my PC since yesterday, but today when i come home something strange is going on...

Upd. just remembered that at begining launcher didnt connect to squarenix server for 10 minutes, after that everything went back to normal, but bot.
happening right now
I too am seeing the exact same issue, my PC hasn't even been restarted since the last time i used it
Its now happening to me also, was working fine up until about 15 minutes ago, then the bot crashed. Cannot attach manually either
(03-26-2016, 09:26 AM)xbrico Wrote:  Also seeing the same issue. Bot launches game but UI doesnt connect then get a Windows "Final Fantasy has stopped working" error or a Final Fantasy bad memory reference crash.

Attempted a reinstall and removed acct. details under C:\users\user\AppData..... and still no joy.

Noticed this was hanging a lot yesterday and crashing out. Was there a FFXIVMinion.dat update in the last day or 2 that might be hanging this?

Using same AV i always have, MINIONAPP folder and all files below it are fully excluded from scans and no Windows Updates since this began (Win10 Pro - 64bit).

Same here 9 hours ago bot was working, went to bed (I logged). When i came back I had same issue "Final Fantasy has stopped working" error  when  i try to launch the bot. no error if I uncheck auto attach or launch it myself but then can't attach the bot (No button).

Windows 10 64 bits
Same thing here, really weird with no game update or no minion update put out.
Phew, thought I had done something on mine. Been using the bot successfully for a long time. Logged off last night before going to bed where bot had attached yesterday afternoon successfully. Started things back up this morning (no changes that I am aware of) and the bot won't attach completely. It goes through everything, then the game crashes at the "titlescreen". Game works fine on its own. Rebooted and all the normal stuff, still no luck. If there is a log file you need from me please let me know and I will upload it.

Attached is the error I get.

mine too, working fine until 30 mins ago. Now, the game crash when attach.