Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
[Module] Party Follow Assist v4
v3
Updated to save settings.
Checks to stop moving if you stop this mid navigation and if teleporting
Please note that Party-Grind had been updated for dungeons so there is no need to use this unless you prefer to or just want a simple follow.

v2
Updated and cleaned some code that I thought I'd done before uploading.
Fixed up some stuff that Ace said. Waiting on a reply from Ace to see if its alright now but I suggest switching to this anyway. I'll edit this again once I hear from him. Hopefully its running well for everyone.

This is just a Basic addon that performs better than "Party-Grind" mode in duty. (It can be used out of duty also)
It lets you use "Assist" mode but with the following feature of party grind. I know a few other people that were wanting to have Party Grind working in duty so this is my way around it.
I ran this on a few things last night. Easily completed The Aetherochemical Research Facility pretty fast also. Only issue I had was on the elevator seems its such a small area they tried so hard to dodge the AOE's lol. Could be helped a bit with the Avoid % being changed bit its easy enough for me to solo that area.
Did some other test dungeons and had no issue. It worked really well tbh. I spent an hour trying to break it in a mesh of my housing ward I have but they just wouldn't...
Also please note that teleport is a hack... So don't use it in stupid places where you will be seen...

[Image: YOrVKsn.png][Image: QAVIjRI.png]

Basicly is all you have to do it use the "Party Member" slider to select someone in your party you want to follow.
The player name will appear green if they are on mesh red if not.
Set the max distance to what you want it just moves you the the character once you get out of that range. (20 is default but 15 works well also)
Auto teleport will teleport you to the player if they are past that distance. Handy if you have interact teleports or if they get stuck. Depends a lot on how well you make your mesh. (50 is default you can make it higher if you like but I wouldn't go less)
Manual Teleport will teleport you to them when clicked.

My Assist setup.
Use Follow Target if you're a melee class. It works well. Only thing is if you're on a dummy and run away on the selected party member make sure you run far enough away to break aggro on them also. Shouldn't be a problem on a normal mob cause it should be dead.
I use tank assist but you could use anything I guess. I just run myself on my tank so its easy for me to do.
I use autoface it will probably be helpful (They might not be facing the right way otherwise). I usually use this in assist mode anyway.
Start combat so I know they will attack. I had an issue once where they wouldn't start but that may have just been bugged out. It does't matter for me cause I'm playing the tank and will start combat just before they reach combat range.
And Auto-confirm duty cause screw clicking accept on each window.
Oh also I suggest using Avoid AOE in Advanced Settings -> General. You can change Avoid settings in Player HP/MP/TP in Advanced Settings also.

Extract and copy to luamods folder.
Default path
C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\Party Follow Assist\
PartyFollowAssist.lua
module.def

Attached Files
.zip   Party Follow Assist.zip (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 47)
.zip   Party Follow Assist v2.zip (Size: 1.83 KB / Downloads: 36)
.zip   Party Follow Assist v3.zip (Size: 2.04 KB / Downloads: 123)
.zip   Party Follow Assist v4.zip (Size: 2.68 KB / Downloads: 271)
Thank you so much!  Happy Can't wait to try this, sounds perfect!
Thanks , this is great. Appreciate the write up , on how you use it as well.
Thank you for this!
I'm going to make a few suggestions based on what I see here..

A) There's several very "expensive" things happening in an non-throttled Draw loop, which is not great. The Draw loop happens on every frame, and a lot of your logic (and pretty much all logic in general) really shouldn't be there. NavigationManager:GetClosestPointOnMesh and Player:MoveTo especially. These should be moved to an OnUpdate with some minimum throttle amount.
B) The global variables should be pushed into the PartyFollowAssist table (ex: PartyFollowAssist.Enable instead of Enable) or given more proper names to distinguish them, because they will pollute the global space, and could accidentally be overridden.

+1 for taking initiative though, good job.
Please update to v2. There might be another update soon unless I got everything fixed up.
thanks for your effort. you are the hero
is possible to add stop moving(clear current navigation task) function in this addon? I found out that the character is still keep running to last pos of target player even you tick off the enable button(disable). you can not interrupt the bot while it auto-navigating. sometimes i want stop the character follow certain player when it's moving. especially the target suddenly disappearance or quit the dungeon. my suggestion migh be such stupid,but i wish you can add a stop function in this great add-on if you have time. thank you.
(07-05-2016, 01:24 AM)kslcom Wrote:  is possible to add stop moving(clear current navigation task) function in this addon? I found out that the character is still keep running to last pos of target player even you tick off the enable button(disable). you can not interrupt the bot while it auto-navigating. sometimes i want stop the character follow certain player when it's moving. especially the target suddenly disappearance or quit the dungeon. my suggestion migh be such stupid,but i wish you can add a stop function  in this great add-on if you have time. thank you.

I was going to do that but i wasnt sure how to go about it. 
I was going to have it do stop moving after teleport but if i have a check to stop moving if its disabled then its just going to prevent you from moving. I could add a button to manually press but I'll have to think of something.
(07-05-2016, 02:10 AM)JWD1994 Wrote:  
(07-05-2016, 01:24 AM)kslcom Wrote:  is possible to add stop moving(clear current navigation task) function in this addon? I found out that the character is still keep running to last pos of target player even you tick off the enable button(disable). you can not interrupt the bot while it auto-navigating. sometimes i want stop the character follow certain player when it's moving. especially the target suddenly disappearance or quit the dungeon. my suggestion migh be such stupid,but i wish you can add a stop function  in this great add-on if you have time. thank you.

I was going to do that but i wasnt sure how to go about it. 
I was going to have it do stop moving after teleport but if i have a check to stop moving if its disabled then its just going to prevent you from moving. I could add a button to manually press but I'll have to think of something.

there is a parameter in dev window. is it can help something. no idea for coding.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)