Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
List of .lua variables?
Hello,

Is there a list of .lua variables that MINION recognises somewhere on the server?

I've learned a lot by taking apart other's scripts and adapting them for myself, but I think a lot of my coding is bulky and unnecessary and can probably be simplified with the right variable.

Thanks
I've attached a programmatic dump of the FFXIVMinion LUA runtime environment that I've been using for reference purposes. I took a lazy approach that cleans up the results of minion's builtin tostring handler for most of the stubs generated, with a recursive manual dump for one or two special cases. There's no function signature information, I'm afraid, due to it being runtime generated.
  • This is a snapshot of my environment with no store addons installed. Your environment is obviously going to be different, so the existence of settings-oriented global variables isn't guaranteed.
  • I've made an attempt to do some post processing by hand in order to remove personally identifiable information, stuff clearly meant for internal use, and static data you can easily look up. (ex: localization strings) Total number of lines removed is 44564, and most of these removals can be identified by an empty table followed by a --snip comment. If you come across some removed data that you think should be included, feel free to point it out or add it yourself.
  • Some of the global classes/variables have special handlers for metatable events which prevent dumping through my approach. I haven't bothered trying to account for these, as many of them are defined in the public LUA source code or highly customized based on the individual user's runtime environment. (The Settings global, for instance)
  • Tables that have a comment similar to:
    Code:
    -- __object = 'userdata: 00000000250165D0',
    somewhere in their declaration are likely class instances backed by ffxivminion's native code. These stubs only contain method information at the moment.

Source code for most of the LUA-based stuff can be found in the MinionLib repo or FFXIVMinion repo.

Attached Files
.lua   GlobalsCleaned.lua (Size: 366.61 KB / Downloads: 83)