Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bot seems to AFK out, despite running fine (Temporary solution)
Here's a temporary solution to this problem. Click here to go to the post with all the details.

Original post:
So I noticed something strange. The bot runs for a while then logs out and ends up back at the main menu. This has happened quite a bit to me in the last few hours. It's not getting stuck on anything at all, it's just ... timing out or something.

Sorry I can't provide more info, I honestly don't know what test I can do to try work out the cause. If you've any suggestions or request to try resolve this, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to try it.
(10-05-2013, 10:10 PM)Sil Wrote:  So I noticed something strange. The bot runs for a while then logs out and ends up back at the main menu. This has happened quite a bit to me in the last few hours. It's not getting stuck on anything at all, it's just ... timing out or something.

Sorry I can't provide more info, I honestly don't know what test I can do to try work out the cause. If you've any suggestions or request to try resolve this, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to try it.

I'm surprised ur not crashing before that point I can't figure out my crash problems. But a solution to you taken from another pot I use that doesn't send keys, is to write a script with autohotkey or pullovers macro recorder that sends a /echo command or a space bar jump to the game every fifteen minutes that will prevent logout
(10-05-2013, 10:50 PM)kinosix Wrote:  I'm surprised ur not crashing before that point I can't figure out my crash problems. But a solution to you taken from another pot I use that doesn't send keys, is to write a script with autohotkey or pullovers macro recorder that sends a /echo command or a space bar jump to the game every fifteen minutes that will prevent logout

I find that by recording/setting up my mesh and waypoints, then quitting and reloading the whole thing before I start botting, seems to give me a stable run. No crashes for me doing it this way.

Don't suppose you can link to that thread/post can you?
I dont know the thread no. Plus i wouldnt want to advertise another bot on this forum. But i can however probably find you something. Here it is

download and install autohotkey, create a script and paste this into it. When you run the script and you're in game, pressing insert on your keyboard will toggle this on and off sending a jump key every 900000 milliseconds, aka 15 minutes. Should prevent you from logging out

Quote:#SingleInstance,Force
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
var = 0
return ; end of autoexecute section

INS::
var := !var
Loop
{
if !var
break
Send, {Space}
Sleep, 900000
}
return
Do you know if this particular modification will send it to the window in the background (so I can do other stuff while it bots)?

Code:
#SingleInstance,Force
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
var = 0

Loop
{
if !var
break
SetTitleMatchMode, 1
ControlSend, {Space}, FINAL FANTASY XIV
Sleep, 900000
}
return
(10-06-2013, 12:31 AM)Sil Wrote:  Do you know if this particular modification will send it to the window in the background (so I can do other stuff while it bots)?

Code:
#SingleInstance,Force
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
var = 0

Loop
{
if !var
break
SetTitleMatchMode, 1
ControlSend, {Space}, FINAL FANTASY XIV
Sleep, 900000
}
return

i do not believe it sends it to the actual window. My best advice is to just alt tab every 15 minutes if you're sitting at your computer and use this script while ur afk
(10-06-2013, 12:52 AM)kinosix Wrote:  i do not believe it sends it to the actual window. My best advice is to just alt tab every 15 minutes if you're sitting at your computer and use this script while ur afk

I made a little change to the one I posted, changed it so it sends it to the game's window. Just tested it and it works fine.

I've also compiled it to an EXE so folk without AHK can run it. It will send a space every 90 seconds to any window who's title starts with 'FINAL FANTASY XIV' (caps and all, just like the game). If you don't trust my exe (you should have AV anyway, right?), then just compile the AHK script I posted above (not the one by kinosix, it doesn't have the background capability). Run the exe/script and press 'Insert' to enable or disable.

Until the devs work it out at their end, this is a workable solution.

I'll also edit my first post so anyone else coming to this thread can find it immediately.

Lastly, MAKE SURE TO RUN THE SCRIPT OR EXE AS ADMIN OR IT WILL NOT WORK!

I made a slight mistake with my code above, so here it is corrected:
Code:
#SingleInstance,Force
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
var = 0

Loop
{
SetTitleMatchMode, 1
ControlSend,,{Space},FINAL FANTASY XIV
Sleep, 90000
}
return

Attached Files
.rar   jumplikeabitch.rar (Size: 326.6 KB / Downloads: 38)
(10-06-2013, 01:37 AM)Sil Wrote:  
(10-06-2013, 12:52 AM)kinosix Wrote:  i do not believe it sends it to the actual window. My best advice is to just alt tab every 15 minutes if you're sitting at your computer and use this script while ur afk

I made a little change to the one I posted, changed it so it sends it to the game's window. Just tested it and it works fine.

I've also compiled it to an EXE so folk without AHK can run it. It will send a space every 90 seconds to any window who's title starts with 'FINAL FANTASY XIV' (caps and all, just like the game). If you don't trust my exe (you should have AV anyway, right?), then just compile the AHK script I posted above (not the one by kinosix, it doesn't have the background capability).

I'll also edit my first post so anyone else coming to this thread can find it immediately.
why u gotta 1 up me lol
(10-06-2013, 01:50 AM)kinosix Wrote:  
(10-06-2013, 01:37 AM)Sil Wrote:  

I've also compiled it to an EXE so folk without AHK can run it. It will send a space every 90 seconds to any window who's title starts with 'FINAL FANTASY XIV' (caps and all, just like the game). If you don't trust my exe (you should have AV anyway, right?), then just compile the AHK script I posted above (not the one by kinosix, it doesn't have the background capability).

why u gotta 1 up me lol

Not my intention, honest. Just saw a possible way to make it more efficient and did so for my own use, then figured I might as well share it Cutesmile
command to send keys to FFXIV with auto hot keys is "WinGet, programid, List, FINAL FANTASY"

or you could just do this with autoit

While 1
ControlSend("FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn", "","","{SPACE}")
Sleep(25000)
WEnd