Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bot seems to AFK out, despite running fine (Temporary solution)
Made a slight mistake with my code, and added a vital instruction.

Click here to go to the relevant post.
No window was coming up, I would just return to my PC and be at the title screen (or usually midway through the movie that plays if you ignore the title screen for a minute).

I found that I can in most cases I could just click start and log in on my chosen character again without having to go back to the launcher, so my guess is it is the afk timer dropping me out.

Since I've been using the ahk script I posted I haven't experienced it again, although if you've added in no-afk in the last day I wouldn't know as I've not run without the script since I started getting the afk problem. If a no-afk fix has been put in let me know and I'll stop running the script and let you know if the issue persists.
Heya
I have tried your anti-Afk script. And i cant get it to work. Tested by lowering the time untill it should jump.
Is there something im missing?
Im running it in admin..
(10-09-2013, 12:46 PM)madmoremax Wrote:  Heya
I have tried your anti-Afk script. And i cant get it to work. Tested by lowering the time untill it should jump.
Is there something im missing?
Im running it in admin..

It should jump once when you first enable it, as the timer doesn't kick in until after it does the loop once.

Did you use the updated one in the post linked to from the first post?

Did you press 'Insert' on your keyboard to start the script? (I think I may have neglected to mention that in the updated script post, although it was mentioned in a post prior to that)

Are you using an English language client? (I don't know if other languages have a title bar starting with something other than "FINAL FANTASY XIV")

Let me know if it is none of these and I'll try help you figure it out.

Also if you can continue this conversation and post your reply over at this thread I would appreciate it, as I wont be monitoring this one very much now the issue has been brought to the dev's attention.
<p>
(10-06-2013, 01:37 AM)Sil Wrote:  
(10-06-2013, 12:52 AM)kinosix Wrote:  i do not believe it sends it to the actual window. My best advice is to just alt tab every 15 minutes if you're sitting at your computer and use this script while ur afk

I made a little change to the one I posted, changed it so it sends it to the game's window. Just tested it and it works fine.

I've also compiled it to an EXE so folk without AHK can run it. It will send a space every 90 seconds to any window who's title starts with 'FINAL FANTASY XIV' (caps and all, just like the game). If you don't trust my exe (you should have AV anyway, right?), then just compile the AHK script I posted above (not the one by kinosix, it doesn't have the background capability). Run the exe/script and press 'Insert' to enable or disable.

Until the devs work it out at their end, this is a workable solution.

I'll also edit my first post so anyone else coming to this thread can find it immediately.

Lastly, MAKE SURE TO RUN THE SCRIPT OR EXE AS ADMIN OR IT WILL NOT WORK!

I made a slight mistake with my code above, so here it is corrected:
Code:
#SingleInstance,Force
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
var = 0
return ; end of autoexecute section

INS::
var := !var
Loop
{
SetTitleMatchMode, 1
ControlSend,,{Space},FINAL FANTASY XIV