Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looted Item
Mooching is a skill you get at lvl 25 fishing. It allows you to use a fish you just caught as bait to possibly catch an even better fish. Once you attain the skill it appears on your fishing skill bar along with the other fishing skills. If you catch a fish that is eligible for mooching (I think it is usually an HQ fish) the game gives you the option to use the mooch skill in hopes of catching an even better fish using it as bait. If you use mooch on a fish you lose that fish. The up side is many of the most sought after fish can only be caught by mooching. That's why it is an important fishing skill. Then there is also the "double mooch". That is using mooch on a fish you caught by mooching. So to double mooch you first catch a fish eligble for mooching, mooch that fish to catch a better fish and then mooch the second fish you caught to up the ante again. Two mooches is the most that can be done.
Yeah basically Mooching unlocks at level 25, it's under skill 6 on skillbar(if you didn't move them around).

When you catch some lower level HQ fish, you can use that skill next instead of using Cast again.
It will usually catch you a bigger fish.

Some places allow you to actually Double Mooch, but that requires catching a HQ fish -> catching a HQ mooch -> casting mooch 2nd time...

The idea would be:
Just after catching a fish
check if mooch is available,
if it is use it
check again
if it is use it
get out and use Cast.

If you need mooch skill ID let me know :P Although i wouldn't mind doing it, just gonna take me longer time wise
action = ActionList:Get(youSkillId,FFXIV.ACTIONTYPE.CRAFT)

if(action.isready)then
action:Cast()
end

You have to use the ActionList:Get(id,type), this is the only way to update the action with current data.
Cheerioh :P I will try when i get home :) If it works i'll upload it here
This is not right :( isready returns whether action is out of cooldown aparently ;(
Code:
function e_cast:execute()
    --ml_task_hub:CurrentTask().castTimer = os.time() + 3
    action = ActionList:Get(297,FFXIV.ACTIONTYPE.CRAFT)
    if(action.isready)then
    else
        ActionList:Cast(289,0)
    end
end
(10-10-2013, 10:16 PM)Powder Wrote:  action = ActionList:Get(youSkillId,FFXIV.ACTIONTYPE.CRAFT)

if(action.isready)then
end

You have to use the ActionList:Get(id,type), this is the only way to update the action with current data.
This returns me if action is ready, as in if action is out of cooldown :( That's not what i'm looking for tho :( I'm looking whether action is available as in the skill is not grayed out :( So it doesn't really work :(
At least i think it does :( Gonna try and work around a little bit but it's just gonna call that action every time

I've set it for the night should wake up with at least 1 mooched fish so we'll see :P

Ok it works...
Is there any way to get current Game Time? (not OS time, but rather the time in the game i.e night \ day ingame) :P
Is there any way to get whether action is greyed out or not? i.e When you do fishing some actions are greyed out and some are not, grayed out obviously can not be casted now as we do not meet a condition for them to be cast

Also action.isready still not working as intended ;( Seems to always return true, even when i can not cast it... Probably as i suspected returns if action is out of cooldown :(

Doesn't seem to either be implemented or in documentation :(
I'll check now, making it as a module :P Hope it works *fingers-crossed*

Yey, looks like its fine now :P Thanks fxfire :)
This can be closed :P