Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
Tutorial-Duty Mode
Duty Mode:

DO NOT USE THE LOOT ADDON ITS BUILT IN TO DUTY MODE NOW!!!

DUTY MODE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO BE DYNAMIC
What this means is all you have to do now is set profile and click start. The duty mode will select the dungeon from the info in side the duty profile and it knows who leader so no need to select the leader.

Duty mode is used to do the dungeon system in FFXIV. This mode will allow you to queue for the dungeon, teleport to waypoints inside the dungeon that are specified by the duty profile. You will need access to 4 bots or group up with other botters to make use of the function how it currently is.

[Image: 0VKIiJl.png]
Settings

Profile: Select the duty profile to use, the duty profile is a list of waypoints and mob ids for the bot to teleport to and mobs to kill.

Teleport: Select whether to use teleport or regular movement(currently regular movement bugs out often)

also under general settings make sure to enable "skip cutscenes"

Duty profiles are contained in the ffxivminion/DutyProfiles folder(if a folder isnt present just create it). After creating a profile you must reload LUA for it to appear in the combo box. The Duty Leader dropbox contains a listing of your current party members. It is very important to understand that only the leader uses the profile encounter logic, the other bots simply follow the leader and assist against its targets. Therefore you must have the correct leader set - even the leader bot must have itself set as the leader. Normal movement (non-teleport) is not thoroughly tested and will most likely bug out in circumstances where the leader/slave bots are separated, etc.

Note - The example script (wp_bosses) assumes that all party members will be using ranged combat. This is the preferred method for teleport farming as it allows the bots to farm without taking damage. Do not ask "why doesn't it work for me" if you're running 3 dragoons and a warrior.
What if you don't have access for 4 characters? You cant run Duty bot solo? Even if it just followed and assisted the tank??
(04-14-2014, 06:12 PM)Drastik Wrote:  What if you don't have access for 4 characters? You cant run Duty bot solo? Even if it just followed and assisted the tank??

you are asking to get banned, and SE will end up patching it, eventually ruining it for everyone else.
I don't see "Reset Timer" under duty. How do you get it?
Updated the OP
Doesn't requeue, i have to disable and enable on leader to requeue, all work fine inside
(05-08-2014, 11:30 PM)bw14 Wrote:  Doesn't requeue, i have to disable and enable on leader to requeue, all work fine inside

do a fresh install of the bot no addons. all ranged classes and see if it doesnt requeue. i have 24 bots running dungeons since hte patch 24/7 no problems queueing or requeue.
i think because the leader left instant first, and he requeue too quick, and other other cannot click accept in time and bugged out. So must be graphic lag, also i got the video render ticked as well. my PC spec is i5-4670, 8gig ram, Radeon HD7700, window 7, i think it pretty decent, don't know why it lag like that. so is there anyway we can change the Dungeon requeue time to a bit longer than the one we got now?
(05-09-2014, 02:21 AM)bw14 Wrote:  i think because the leader left instant first, and he requeue too quick, and other other cannot click accept in time and bugged out. So must be graphic lag, also i got the video render ticked as well. my PC spec is i5-4670, 8gig ram, Radeon HD7700, window 7, i think it pretty decent, don't know why it lag like that. so is there anyway we can change the Dungeon requeue time to a bit longer than the one we got now?

its dynamic.... it doesnt queue till all the other bots are loaded in. the leader will always leave first its how the followers know to leave but the leader will not requeue till it detects the others have rejoined. Is your leader melee by chance?
all 4 are BLM, it queue when 2 of other still not loaded out yet. and they miss the click and bugged out, can u make it requeue like 1 min after if it bugged out like that