Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Would LOVE a mack daddy BLM profile :P
Something I can use to dps raids as well as myth farm. Ill be the frist to admit im not pro at BLM - im a healer. I leveled it to 50 practically solo and its sat since then.

guild is healer heavy and its time to gear a back up to afford me more group opporunities when healing isnt available. TO do so i have to be competitive and even if i were patient enough to learn it by hand, I am using a shat mouse and need something w/ keybinds to even come close to the dps you can do w/ a good profile.

ANyhow, at the risk of leaving my life story - an awesome BLM profile would be... well awesome!! Something that is intricate and uses AssistEnhance obvsly and perhaps double flares if need be.
my BLM3.0 profile works really well. when i use to play ffxiv i used it in assist mode during raids. and last i knew the double flare got fixed
really? i heard about people triple flaring pretty recently. dont know blm well enough to comment either way - but i wondered how that was possible for sure.

As for your blm profile - i find it does work well single target, and even ae... but it doesnt seem to fire off flare very often.

Its set to go off under its parameters AND when swiftcast is up which therein lies the problem. Swiftcast pops off even if your not attacking a mob. ANd just goes off eveyr time its up which makes its lining up w/ flare a real unlikelyhood. I think in the past 3-4 days of using it on/off ive seen it once.

The only reason i bring this up is that over the months of healing by hand, ive heard comments regarding BLM"s and them not using flare which was said in the context of BLM=bad.

Now from what i can tell, in 99% of scenarios you will get more dps w/out and by using Fire2 but the mindset still prevails, or perhaps im wrong. Again im not really in the know. Admittedly all i play to a pro degree is whm but im burning out on it. Too much responsiblity... id argue more than tank even. Would like to relax a little while i play at times so must gear some other jobs and unfortunately to stand out as a dps you really gotta do just that.

Anyhow, before i ramble any longer - glad to see your still here jackie :)
swift cast only jsut goes off if you run assist mode and target something.. you can easily change the conditions for swift cast so they line up with flare.
if i set swift cast with next skill ID to flare, it will only go off if flare parameters are met I assume? it is barely ever flaring which is just asking to be called out as a bot >.>

truth be told in most situations it would be less dps but in some short term ae situations it would/will be ideal and well, you get the idea >>>
not flaring isnt not asking to be called a bot. you should only flare if enough mobs are around. so the flare conditoin have to be met i think its 3+ mobs 5y radius. so you would need to set Switft cast to meet those same requirements and set flare previous skill ID swift cast. Its a loss in DPS to "cast" flare because of its long cast time and 0 MP. you should only Cast flare if you have swift cast and convert up.
Double Flare still exists, just changed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82L9IbUPMxU

I don't think a bot could or even should really do it as it's only an AoE rotation.
Yes which is what/when people being blms for. I realize in many cases this is dynamic which is why I'm looking for Jackies blm profiles merged in some way to do both. Even if it's with filters. Currently I have to switch profiles during the fight and it's just sloppy and to be honest, useless.

The other option is staying on the regular profile which uses fire2 still but then in cases like turn 4 I end up doing 400dps ae and the "non bot" blm does 950.

I don't argue Jackie's single target profile works just fine, however until I choose my next main job and commit to learning it completely by hand, id like to dps to the best of my ability and I am drawn to blm. Summoner and monk are amazing single target but I'm more of a mage kinda guy and the mage is expected to AE on demand :(

Anyhow.. Is their no way to merge these? Would tacking the entire AE profile on the back end of the so to target profile work if I set all Of the AE one to filter 2 for example and all of the first profile to Filter 1? Fair concession since one that works dynamically would obviously require an entirely new profile which no one capable is interested in doing or sharing :p

Bare witness folks - the reason people like myself used to bitch at people who botted without learning their class front to back first :p I can play whm better by hand than by bot which is usually a marvel, however absolutely the utter opposite for everything I leveled from 1-50 via bot and solo.

Question btw. Are the forums private for non users? I assume so but while I'm drifting off topic anyhow and it's on my mind - figured id ask :p
you can set up flare to be used with my blm3.0 profile and youc an save swift cast to only cast before flare. just set swiftcast up for same conditions for flare. the blm3.0 profile if you want it to jsut aoe when its time to aoe move all the aoe skills near hte top of the profile as well. and no they are not private to non subscribers... hense your username should be changed since its the same as your public forums for SE
FML LOL - I'll get to doing that :P (can that be done? changing your username?)

No idea why they arent private. They should be and almost always are for several reasons. Them not being is asking for trouble which leads to trouble for the devs of the bot but I guess thats out of my hands. I have a pitiful memory these days PLUS im ocd/anal and like to have my username be the same for my online accounts for a variety of reasons. Having to use a different one because their arent subscriber forums just sucks. What possible reason could non subscribers need for this information that outweighs the negative reasons it could be used as/for?

Heck even SE could prowl here and quickly eliminate me and likely a few others based on name alone.

Anyhow, if i can change it - I will as thats alot easier/more likely than the forums being made for registered users (not even subscibers but just people registerd to the site would be a start).

Before I make an entire post off topic ... These AE skills we were discussing. You mentioned moving them to the top of the profile. Do you mean the ones that are already in the profile? ie: your non AE profile? Or after I migrate(d) the AE profile over - move that to the top instead of the bottom as i suggested?

Understand that not knowing the class to what I would even consider a satisfactory/average degree is a major impairment when it comes to making a proper profile with this bot as it requires every solitary detail to be provided by the user which makes it very powerful but very newbie unfriendly.

Anyhow - as usual, thanks for the reply and congradulations LOL i just realized you were finally made a mod :P long overdue